The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

On 4/22/2018 at 6:03 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Lou Reed was mentioned as one of the artists the Cavaliers are going to be using. I really hope they use this song of his as the ballad (especially 3:56 to the end).

Fantasia Winterguard used this as their soundtrack for their 2004 program "Vanishing Act," which is definitely one of the most moving WGI performances I have ever seen and up there for one of my favorite shows. The back half of this piece would make for a stunning ballad. Really hope this is what they end up using from Lou Reed, but then again who wouldn't like to see "Walk on the Wild Side" on the field!

3 minutes ago, palmettomello said:

Fantasia Winterguard used this as their soundtrack for their 2004 program "Vanishing Act," which is definitely one of the most moving WGI performances I have ever seen and up there for one of my favorite shows. The back half of this piece would make for a stunning ballad. Really hope this is what they end up using from Lou Reed, but then again who wouldn't like to see "Walk on the Wild Side" on the field!

That's how I discovered this as well. It also fits the "hauntingly beautiful" vibe of the Cavies' recent trend of ballads ("Sun's Gone Dim" in 2017 and "Elegy for Dunkirk" in 2016).

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Not sure. They're pretty busy. PM me.

They actually have approved it now...I missed all the previous goodies though :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This show music has me pumped up today! 

I can't wait for the official show announcements and the start of the season!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://cavaliers.org/news-blog/cavaliers-partner-with-visceral-dance-chicago-for-training-intensive-2018

Love that they're doing this again.  From my untrained eye it definitely made a difference last year.

Edited by tommynev
  • Like 2

SPLOOIE

• Like 2

On 4/22/2018 at 3:03 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Lou Reed was mentioned as one of the artists the Cavaliers are going to be using. I really hope they use this song of his as the ballad (especially 3:56 to the end).

This would be pretty awesome if they used Vanishing Act...a very haunting piece by Lou Reed

• Thanks 1

I rented a ZipCar to move stuff to my new place this week and was BLASTING shows with the stereo on the way.  Got some classic looks at stoplights when people were "what on earth is he listening to?"

• Like 3