The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

5 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

So "The Triumph of Time" has been used for

• SCV's 50th anniversary show
  • BD's 60th anniversary show
  • The Cavaliers' 70th anniversary show

Which corps celebrating an anniversary soon is next to perform this piece?

It would have to be Boston's 80th in 2020. 

• Like 1

I just watched some video of their show that's online. The hornline is sounding very strong. I would say they're going be much better than last year.  It should be a great season for them!

• Like 1

Triumph of Time? hope they can bring something good to it, I liked BD's version best and with the Zimmer and Horner, it feels like a BD book

I keep thinking that Black Angels is the band which would be super cool and would match their madness theme. Sadly, it's not 

3 hours ago, cowtown said:

Triumph of Time? hope they can bring something good to it, I liked BD's version best and with the Zimmer and Horner, it feels like a BD book

I keep thinking that Black Angels is the band which would be super cool and would match their madness theme. Sadly, it's not 

They're playing a part of the piece that was played by neither BD or SCV last year, and it sounds great and the arrangement is super good.  The sound of the book is uniquely Cavaliers', but I guess that's a compliment to be compared to BD even if I don't agree...

The music is arranged not to be an exact version of the original, but everything is melodic and fits the show theme, imho.

43 minutes ago, cowtown said:

So that face in the Cavies show logo logo, is it supposed to have devil horns or is that just me   ?

Either you're MAD or CREATIVE.... Which one is it?

27 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Either you're MAD or CREATIVE.... Which one is it?

Madly Creative ?

• Like 1

I hated last year’s show until I saw it live in Dekalb, and I thought it was fantastic. Really great design and the corps was on fire, selling it. Guard especially good. Chris Lugo and Tommy Allen are good guys and have done a great job bringing the corps back to the elite level in the last few years and I’m betting this year will be great.

• Like 1