The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

9 hours ago, FTNK said:

I hated last year’s show until I saw it live in Dekalb, and I thought it was fantastic. Really great design and the corps was on fire, selling it. Guard especially good. Chris Lugo and Tommy Allen are good guys and have done a great job bringing the corps back to the elite level in the last few years and I’m betting this year will be great.

I think credit can certainly be given to Chris for bringing in all of the right people. Tommy I’m sure has done some great things on the design side. But I think the biggest changes came from Daniel Wiles being on staff, he brought in the design element that has really made the corps successful. And Dave McGrath (include Dave on the design changes), Mike Martin, Freddy Martin, and now Kevin LeBoeuf have brought the brass ensemble out of the middle of the pack and put some impressive stuff in front of the students to accomplish.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

I think credit can certainly be given to Chris for bringing in all of the right people. Tommy I’m sure has done some great things on the design side. But I think the biggest changes came from Daniel Wiles being on staff, he brought in the design element that has really made the corps successful. And Dave McGrath (include Dave on the design changes), Mike Martin, Freddy Martin, and now Kevin LeBoeuf have brought the brass ensemble out of the middle of the pack and put some impressive stuff in front of the students to accomplish.

Dan teaches at Avon where Kevin did his student teaching stint under Matt Harloff's non-drum corps job. 

7 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Dan teaches at Avon where Kevin did his student teaching stint under Matt Harloff's non-drum corps job. 

He’s also worked with many other groups putting out great designs. Also doesn’t Hinshaw write the drill there?

6 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

He’s also worked with many other groups putting out great designs. Also doesn’t Hinshaw write the drill there?

I have had the pleasure of knowing Dan and his siblings and parents from the first day he joined the Cavies. Even had the pleasure of billeting at their home back in Cavies' WGI days. He has grown so amazingly as has Kevin who was a member of the same church I was when he was just starting drum corps. It's great to see how these men and their talents have blossomed.

Mac released a vid of the pit on Twitter.....good stuff

A buddy of mine just told me he listened to both Crown and Cavies videos (for brass). He thinks Cavies brass sounds better than Crowns. Hurry up and get to Houston!....... I mean Katy :/

Edit* this is just his opinion. He could be trying to hype me up.

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Mac released a vid of the pit on Twitter.....good stuff

Oh yea, that's Orawa. Pit mirrored  a good bit of what's being played in the brass as of recently.

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

A buddy of mine just told me he listened to both Crown and Cavies videos (for brass). He thinks Cavies brass sounds better than Crowns. Hurry up and get to Houston!....... I mean Katy :/

Edit* this is just his opinion. He could be trying to hype me up.

They both sound great.

The Tweet, well retweet in discussion. Love how much this front ensemble plays.

Edit: Also looks like this part was rewritten recently. This may be day of changes, so dirt is expected, but still impressive.

Edited by littlejaw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1