The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

50 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

You aren't wrong. I admit I was a bit frustrated with that last night, but there is a reason for why this may of happened. I think they are going to be ok. As long as the marchers keep buying into their show, staff, and listen to us fans cheering for them... they are going to be just fine. If anything I think we could cheer for them even more than before. We can't give up hope after one show. Shoot, I'll never give up on them!

Well,  I am hoping they do. This show is sooooo tremendous.  I was in Muncie last nite.  There is no video that does this show justice. Hook'em. They literally are getting down that masterful programming that has served them so well in the past-with a lot of swag. Also very impressed with the brass line this year. I can say I was in disagreement with the GE scores last nite.   

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

No one in that show last evening is going to medal this year. 

I wish you were wrong — but I don’t think you are.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drummer5485 said:

I can almost guarantee that the brass staff is not basing their educational philosophy with the corps on what some members of the Alumni told them.

Haha you couldn't be more right.

• Like 2

Have you noticed the drag on scores in the MidWest judging. Its almost too obvious. I am not sure  how they rotate the judges but one obvious flaw is the midwest judging has been with less judges than the west and east. It really suspect of fairness. Just saying.

Cavaliers show and performance is right up there with the leaders, in my estimation.

Edited by dureau
addition

Glad this got bumped. I'm not too worked up over the scores. The show is great, and the performances are going to get much better. Plus, it's July 2.

If it turns out Vanguard, BD, and Bloo really are much better come San Antonio, then good for all of us that we get to have this much high quality drum corps. I'll still be rooting for The Cavaliers to medal regardless.

• Like 4

I think the boys are missing about a full point from the MA judge. At least from the last show. But things will settle when all corps meet with the same judges.

"The Red Tarps"

Having spoken to no one on the design staff, I'm guessing they're going for this with the red line tarps that connect on the field:

a81FuEU.jpg

(A Beautiful Mind)

Or this:

b6c945cc-3c12-4a11-95d2-49e3cb0713bf-540

(Homeland)

"The thin line between genius and madness"...pretty creative, once you see what they are trying to do.

Edited by PCEP00
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, PCEP00 said:

"The Red Tarps"

Having spoken to no one on the design staff, I'm guessing they're going for this with the red line tarps that connect on the field:

a81FuEU.jpg

(A Beautiful Mind)

Or this:

b6c945cc-3c12-4a11-95d2-49e3cb0713bf-540

(Homeland)

"The thin line between genius and madness"...pretty creative, once you see what they are trying to do.

Glad they have a purpose behind those tarps. It’s a little esoteric to me. 

Maybe it looks better higher up.

Regarding the Red Tarps......keep in mind..I do believe they will be linked to whatever they add to the grey boxes scattered around the field...patience grasshoppers ;) ..GO CAVIES! 

it is my humble opinion that the Cavies have the absolute best show on the field. Not one show is as creative and spectacular as this one. It is only Jul2 and a whole lot can happen between now and finals. Not sure why the percussion judge dropped them a whole point last evening. It seems the judging in the midwest is very disjointed and poor.

• Like 2