The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

Hmm, I suspect another round of Mars/My Way-type mash-ups. This would be.... unfortunate. 

• Like 2

Just now, quietcity said:

Hmm, I suspect another round of Mars/My Way-type mash-ups. This would be.... unfortunate. 

Well you're going to be disappointed then....

On the other hand, the hornline plays more than I've ever heard them play and they sound awesome doing it, so there's that...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, btown50 said:

Do you think Art Teacher from Rufus will be played? 

I bet it's Oh What A World, which actually quotes Ravel's Bolero (which I bet is going to be a focal point in the show based on its inclusion in the promo video).

This song, by the way, was supposed to be in the Bluecoats' "To Look For America" show of a few years ago before it was ultimately cut from the program during spring training.

• Like 3

(Deleted because DrumManTx beat me to it on the George Crumb piece.)

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

47 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I bet it's Oh What A World, which actually quotes Ravel's Bolero (which I bet is going to be a focal point in the show based on its inclusion in the promo video).

This song, by the way, was supposed to be in the Bluecoats' "To Look For America" show of a few years ago before it was ultimately cut from the program during spring training.

You're right as usual...

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Well you're going to be disappointed then....

On the other hand, the hornline plays more than I've ever heard them play and they sound awesome doing it, so there's that...

If true a  Shame indeed especially on a very important anniversary year.  They missed on other anniversary years in the past such as the redo of Firebird. Would love to of heard something like an updated The Cavalier Anthems.  Going to keep an open mind until we hear and see it though