Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

I hope they don't have such demanding props. As much as I loved this show, the massive stage seemed as much a design hindrance as it was a benefit. I thought SCV out-propped everyone by a country mile. Though perhaps all those kids who had to ride inside them felt differently!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, snare_guy_83 said:

"Drum corps not announcing their staffs" is what he said. 

Does that mean that a staff member from X Corps can't publicly announce their departure for said corps?

I don't work in the field but  I would think that announcing your own departure is probably discouraged and may jeopardize your relationship with the new corps.

Retirement on the other hand is another story.

46 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Posted in the Stars 2018 but most won't check it out. From Shapiro facebook page.  He's been posting about Stars alot this season and it really hope it isn't a burning himself out on the road type of deal. If it is I hope he stays and does a reduced caption. He has brought in so many past alums to teach that I'm sure they can run it during the summer giving him more breaks. Will be a sad day for Stars alum if he does leave. He was part of the design that brought the team back. 

IND > LAS ... already missing the Blue Stars... so many difficult decisions ahead :-/

He has been with them ten years. He probably needs to decide quickly if there will be another year, or reduced responsibilities, or not involved. I am sure there are some talented people waiting in the wings if Shapiro steps back or out. 

4 hours ago, hostrauser said:

My understanding (from an "off-the-record" conversation with a YEA! staffer) is that The Cadets would have gone under years ago if not for their USBands cash cow. Their marching band circuit is basically carrying every other part of the organization.

Now, I have ALSO heard a rumor from people in the band world on the eastern seaboard that USBands has started pulling a few shenanigans and there are rumblings of discontent about what they are doing and who is responsible.

Which leads me to the speculation that IF George Hopkins is out at YEA!, it will be not because of his recent mishandling of The Cadets but rather (ironically) his recent mishandling of USBands.

Purely hypothetical scenario pondering, mind you.

incorrect information

3 hours ago, Eleran said:

I predict that a certain Cadets brass member who aged-out this past weekend will join the Cadets' visual staff in 2018.

Does that count as news?   

the BEST kind of news!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

So the cat is already out of the bag. 

its been a rumor since....uh....September 2012 LOL

• Like 1