Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

Not just faculty/instructors changing, but some top gun administrative changes are in the works at several corps...and should be at a few others. I'm doing some better research for a separate thread just on admins. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Not just faculty/instructors changing, but some top gun administrative changes are in the works at several corps...and should be at a few others. I'm doing some better research for a separate thread just on admins. Stay tuned.

Yup!!

11 hours ago, Liahona said:

OKAY...

Speculation or truth...

Boston was the main reason that this rule was implemented for announcements to occur AFTER labor day...

Boston was the reason corps can't rent Lucas Oil Stadium the week of finals...

Hopkins and a few other directors asked for the delay to allow everyone to focus on the current season the final few weeks and then chats can happen prior to Labor Day. It brings a bit of order.

As far as Boston being the reason corps can't rent LOS - hadn't heard that. However I don't know that "Fairness" and a corps rehearsing IN the competition facility go hand in hand. I feel the same way about that as I do about "System Blue" being a DCI sponsor. That shouldn't be happen either

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should lol 

11 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Hopkins and a few other directors asked for the delay to allow everyone to focus on the current season the final few weeks and then chats can happen prior to Labor Day. It brings a bit of order.

As far as Boston being the reason corps can't rent LOS - hadn't heard that. However I don't know that "Fairness" and a corps rehearsing IN the competition facility go hand in hand. I feel the same way about that as I do about "System Blue" being a DCI sponsor. That shouldn't be happen either

mandatory meme

e6716a06af155a3593aa945e96291c32.jpg

As far as stadium renting, I am reminded ... didn't everyone used to get a few hours in Huskie Stadium before DCM championships back in the day? Of course DCM was a few less corps than the entirety of DCI.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Lone Star Percussion sponsored a few events this year and it had no bearing on where the corps placed...CEO is Executive BOD for a corps. 

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

I wonder if phantom is on the list...

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should 

True dat.

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Cadets rehearsed at the host site for the Orlando show day of event. Crown rehearsed at the stadium at Wake Forest day of event. I could go on and on.  Fair? Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

As far as Boston being the reason corps can't rent LOS - hadn't heard that.

Was that a thing? Or did it just... not happen this year?

10 minutes ago, SuperSaderFan said:

Cadets rehearsed at the host site for the Orlando show day of event. Crown rehearsed at the stadium at Wake Forest day of event. I could go on and on.  Fair? Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. 

Bingo.