Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

56 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He seems pretty happy in his work so I'm guessing we'll get a few more years of his leadership.  

No heavy lifting ,  probably a nice salary, and not ready to retire.  Who would not want to be voted back in?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

As we await a reply from GD, for those who have questioned SSF's info, let's just say in regards to what happens with the Boston Crusaders and IA&M, he has a reserved seat at the table.  I imagine he has a great relationship with the folks at DCI HQ also.

there are corps that rehearse at show sites all season - however Worlds is a different situation and it gives a corps a huge advantage by rehearsing in the actual finals stadium. It's happened for decades - but probably better if it doesn't. That's all I was saying.

9 hours ago, SuperSaderFan said:

George Dixon - do you think it is fair that an organization that has a competitive Drum Corps and runs a band circuit should be able to hire DCI judges? Maybe there should be a rule against that?

well - depends on how far we want to go with rules. BD has tons of relationships within the judging world. Organizations sponsor WGI guards and percussion sections and hire judges as designers/teachers/directors and then they judge during the summer. BD runs System Blue - a DCI sponsor. Someone else mentioned Lone Star Percussion. There's a ton of examples

line has to be drawn somewhere - activity is so small everyone practically knows everyone, especially among the powers that be

4 hours ago, oldcadetsop said:

LOL ferris. classic brotha, the youngins may not get the reference, brilliant, satirical post

the more weight i keep losing the more my old smart ### self keeps coming out

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Ok, while we are marking time, does the planet realize that Dan Acheson's two year term is up for vote this January 2018.

Does he stay, does he retire after 22 years, should he stay, should he go?  I like the man and think he's been a calming influence and bridge between the various egos. His response to Regiment at the fatal bus accident is what I want for a face of the activity, not just the numbers acumen for the bean counters. His intervention for the mms of Teal in Glens Falls is another example. What say you?

honestly it's his if he wants it. 

• Like 1

The first of the staff changes...
Jim Wunderlich was feeling content.
5 hrs · 

A little life update…

It’s been a fantastic 12-year blur as the arranger for the Blue Devils FE. I’ve had the privilege to work with members that sacrifice everything, and with an amazingly talented staff (sorry, no shoutouts) that helps shape them year after year…all lifelong friends to me. 

At home, I am super stoked that Eileen now has a classroom to call her own. After 4 years driving to Anaheim due to lack of teaching jobs in SoCal, and subsequently raising Chloe for 3 years at home…now…here we are! Eileen is the backbone of our family (I am just a worker drone). I love her dearly, and I couldn’t be happier for her now that she gets to do what she set out to do 8+ years ago. Sacrificing all along the way.

That being said, it’s time for me to focus more on family life starting the summer of 2018. Writing for the Blue Devils FE has been incredibly rewarding, but it’s time to pass the role on to another lucky human being. 

Thank you to all the wonderful souls that helped me grow in so many ways. It’s been an honor 1f642.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, drumcorpbc said:

Looks like Pat Seidling is leaving as the A corps director also.

I think he's a rep for Stanbury...might've been tough to hold both positions.

Pretty significant changes for BD...will be interesting to see who takes the pit over.

8 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

I think he's a rep for Stanbury...might've been tough to hold both positions.

Before that, Pat Seidling was Phantom Regiment's Corps Director.

40 minutes ago, drumcorpbc said:
The first of the staff changes...
Jim Wunderlich was feeling content.
5 hrs · 

A little life update…

It’s been a fantastic 12-year blur as the arranger for the Blue Devils FE. I’ve had the privilege to work with members that sacrifice everything, and with an amazingly talented staff (sorry, no shoutouts) that helps shape them year after year…all lifelong friends to me. 

At home, I am super stoked that Eileen now has a classroom to call her own. After 4 years driving to Anaheim due to lack of teaching jobs in SoCal, and subsequently raising Chloe for 3 years at home…now…here we are! Eileen is the backbone of our family (I am just a worker drone). I love her dearly, and I couldn’t be happier for her now that she gets to do what she set out to do 8+ years ago. Sacrificing all along the way.

That being said, it’s time for me to focus more on family life starting the summer of 2018. Writing for the Blue Devils FE has been incredibly rewarding, but it’s time to pass the role on to another lucky human being. 

Thank you to all the wonderful souls that helped me grow in so many ways. It’s been an honor 1f642.png

I don't know him but good for him!  Family first is a nice thing to hear.  Best wishes! 

• Like 3