Carolina Crown 2018

After seeing their lot video from FloMarching (you all know the one by now), they sounded more full than most brass sections at finals, and this was the end of MAY. I cannot wait to see what they bring Lucas Oil Stadium.

However, I did see Boston's preview, just the music and no drill, they might be my favorite show this year, closing with a chilling rendition of Amazing Grace. WOW

Also, once all the parts are filled out, I think they can be serious contenders for the GE caption (which as we all know is a big indicator of who will win).

Can't wait to go see finals LIVE this season.

• Haha 1

Impressions from the tour premiere in theater: 

What an aggressive show that allows Crown to "show their teeth" (or fangs?) this summer! Powerful brass book, mean percussion, overall very entertaining and can easily be a crowd favorite. The "dragon" uniforms as I call them, actually looked great from the box and the props helped create the visual lair of a beast or some sort. When I think of a beast, I think of a bloodthirsty carnivore and apex predator that lives in the jungle/swamp environment that is hostile to humans. Ideally I would like to see some portrayal of a beast (whether in drill or costuming), and someone needs to be eaten!

• Haha 1

To Crown's program coordinator:  Thank you for not singing.

• Like 4

Was fortunate enough to be within 70 miles of a theatre showing the DCI Preview, and my wife and I throughly enjoyed the experience.

While clearing the field after Crown’s run, DeLucia made some encouraging remarks re Crown’s percussion.

For those that know the difference between a center snare and centerfielder—and have had an opportunity to review the show—what are your thoughts?

Too soon to tell or does Crown have a percussion book/talent to execute that will rank higher than in years past?

With the Monster/beast in the Movie Super 8... this song should of been on Crown's radar to play as the ballad. =)   

That would have been great. They played Michael Giacchino’s Lost in what, 2014? I don’t mind the ballad this year and the effect of it is cool, but Letting Go would have been a nice piece. I’m sure there is a reason for the piece picked this year, we just don’t know the full concept yet. 

1 hour ago, Highwaydude said:

With the Monster/beast in the Movie Super 8... this song should of been on Crown's radar to play as the ballad. =)   

beautiful!

Periscope in Clovis

Raymond Gonzalez

Edited by bvgordy

1 hour ago, B-Flat said:

Best of luck tonight Crown, as I hope you retake brass/music and keep #1 percussion.

Looks like they did. 

• Like 2