Carolina Crown 2018

47 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I really hope I’m wrong but it’s starting to look like 6th place is a very real possibility for Crown if Cavies and BAC continue to trend upwards and Crown stalls. I would hate for my first trip to Indy for finals to be ruined by Crown getting its lowest placement in over a decade.

I wouldn’t worry about that, but #### this would be a sad reason for your trip to Indy to be ruined. 

Edited by Trumpet2

1 minute ago, Trumpet2 said:

I wouldn’t worry about that, but #### this would be a sad reason for your trip to Indy to be ruined. 

Makes me think of those that went in 2015

13 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

Maybe it would but I’m just being honest. If the last thing I see the night of finals is Crown getting 6th it would definetly sour the entire trip. Not saying I wouldn’t enjoy the other shows, I just know how much hard work the staff and the MMs put into the show and I know how much those kids would be crushed if their season ended so poorly. But I sure hope it doesn’t come to that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, msumello said:

Makes me think of those that went in 2015

It should be understandable for anyone to feel a good bit of disappointment to have the gold medal slip from your fingertips at the very last moment. It doesn’t mean anyone has any ill feelings towards BD. It’s just a basic human emotion.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Maybe it would but I’m just being honest. If the last thing I see the night of finals is Crown getting 6th it would definetly sour the entire trip. Not saying I wouldn’t enjoy the other shows, I just know how much hard work the staff and the MMs put into the show and I know how much those kids would be crushed if their season ended so poorly. But I sure hope it doesn’t come to that.

I would be disappointed too, but in the end I guess placement really doesn’t matter much 

and I have no doubt that they won’t finish 6th

Edited by Trumpet2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

and I have no doubt that they won’t finish 6th

Before 2014, I would have agreed with you. And FWIW, the competition is FAR more fierce this year than it was then. Unless you’re BD, any corps can fall pretty hard any given year. We’ve seen it all too often. Not saying it will happen. But it’s definetly possible and ever since then it’s always been in the back of my mind.

8 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Bluecoats       Crown    Margin 
6/21/2018        70.300          70.000    0.300
6/23/2018        71.600          70.600    1.000
6/25/2018        74.200          73.350    0.850
7/1/2018          79.050          77.950    1.100
7/2/2018          80.400          78.950    1.450

I'd guess that the Bluecoats might be doing the cleaning and layering things as well. 

Some were saying wait until Crown puts in the ending.  They did. 

And now Crown has to clean said closer.

I'm not understanding how people can say "no one layers like Crown", and then say they'll place 6th. This show is bare bones right now. Yes, other corps are too, but Crown also just added their closer. Layering or cleaning hasn't started yet, and let's not forget the final ending. I have no doubt they'll get it finished and WONT place below top 4. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1