Carolina Crown 2018

When in doubt program for more GE...

• Like 4

And with tonight's score we see why Crowns' brass just had a bad run the other night...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, msumello said:

And with tonight's score we see why Crowns' brass just had a bad run the other night...

Or a different judge sampling 15 different players..

51 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

Or a different judge sampling 15 different players..

I believe you're looking for the Bluecoats thread. Common mistake. Just look for all the speakers. If you hit a net, turn around because you've found SCV and went to far. 

I joke, I joke. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Surely you aren't talking about inserting large chords, right? I'd much rather they just maintain the current flow of the music than chop it up for the sake of GE. 

If it adds and makes a "moment" than go for it...   sitting as is will not get them any where in points.  

Take the Percussion Caption and the parts that drive this:  the book and talent/execution (on a given run).    Crown Battery 2018 is on fire and has an incredible book this year.  (side note....I can't wait to see them head to head with SCV to just see if they are truly a top 3 line for this year.  )

But back to my point... 2014 battery book writing was horrid and the percussion placed 7th on finals night.  Too much repetition and not enough "quality" features to promote any GE or percussion scoring.  If it is boring, then the percussion judge will look to others that are playing a more interesting book and reward them in the ranking.  Sometimes in the past you might say BD's line had too many notes, but you never hear the judge saying that!!  Get your judge saying that was "incredible" or "how did you do that!!?...that was insane"...   Make those moments (that fit) and get the scoring.  

11 minutes ago, Wog said:

If it adds and makes a "moment" than go for it...   sitting as is will not get them any where in points.  

Take the Percussion Caption and the parts that drive this:  the book and talent/execution (on a given run).    Crown Battery 2018 is on fire and has an incredible book this year.  (side note....I can't wait to see them head to head with SCV to just see if they are truly a top 3 line for this year.  )

But back to my point... 2014 battery book writing was horrid and the percussion placed 7th on finals night.  Too much repetition and not enough "quality" features to promote any GE or percussion scoring.  If it is boring, then the percussion judge will look to others that are playing a more interesting book and reward them in the ranking.  Sometimes in the past you might say BD's line had too many notes, but you never hear the judge saying that!!  Get your judge saying that was "incredible" or "how did you do that!!?...that was insane"...   Make those moments (that fit) and get the scoring.  

Long melodical moments are sparse as it is in modern day drum corps. 

I'm gonna have to say thanks but no thanks to any further chopping. Rewrite the music so that it builds up to a large moment better, but don't just place big chords in for the sake of it. 

• Like 2