Carolina Crown 2018

32 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I don't understand the point of the white horns on the field when they do absolutely nothing with them, and why are they white? 

I think they are supposed to represent teeth and claws of a beast, at least that's what I got out of the video from Flo Marching when Rick Subel was talking about the props for the show.

Love those White Hersey Kisses looking things bought some the other day because of Crown

Ok, first opinions on the corps this season, then drama.

A lot of corps seem to have some sort of Achilles' Heel, where they are great all around but the one section is always below the standard. For Crown, this was previously percussion, and now it's swapped to guard it seems. One of my friends from high school (was in the guard of my marching band) went to CC and I still find it hard to see anything medal-worthy in that section. As for the the rest of the show, they could get the highest overall music score out of any corps this season. Their visual could definitely be cleaned a whole lot, and they need to fill in the dead space in the second movement. If these two things are fixed, that would probably raise their GE score enough to be on par with Bloo. The worst I see them doing is 5th, and as of right now I like them as 4th.

A LOT of people are saying "layering layering layering", but that means pretty much nothing in the bigger picture. Every corps is layering, to one degree or another, and if not layering, cleaning. Try to be a little more specific about what they are/could/will be doing. Also I'm really tired of people fighting over petty little things on this thread. There will undoubtedly be some negative things to say, but that just helps the discussion progress. If you get angry any time someone "trash talks" CC, just ignore them, and we can talk about what really matters, which is how much we love Crown and what they do.

:bighug::thumbup:

Edited by ccklinefelter
Harsh and Offensive
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Boy, I sure hope Crown staff starts layering soon. After today, they have rehearsals until Saturday. Here's to hoping for some layering for the NKY show!

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Boy, I sure hope Crown staff starts layering soon. After today, they have rehearsals until Saturday. Here's to hoping for some layering for the NKY show!

Stop trash talking Crown.  It might distract from all the layering they need to do.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, johnpendell said:

As for the placements, we’ll just have to see what happens to be honest. People were expecting crown to get 5th last year and they managed to get 3rd with a “sub-standard” crown show. If they clean, layer, edit some things, I don’t see why they won’t do it again. Only catch this year is there’s way more corps bringing it so it’s more competitive imo, but really I think crown is still just as fantastic as ever. 

That is a very good point. 

57 minutes ago, ccklinefelter said:

A lot of corps seem to have some sort of Achilles' Heel, where they are great all around but the one section always sucks. For Crown, this was previously percussion, and now it's swapped to guard it seems.

Poor choice of words.

I've seen Crown live 3 times and I can assure you, the guard does not "suck!" (And neither did the drumline prior to this season.) The caliber of these top corps is off the charts! They are all great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

A fan shouldn't be speaking negatively about a group of kids. That's been my point this entire time. Don't like the show? Fine. Don't like the design team? Great! Don't talk negatively about the corps itself because they are a group of kids performing a show that was out of their hands to begin with. I'm sure the Crown kids get on here and read exactly what's being said. Sorry, but I know if I was on tour I wouldn't want my corps spoken about the way it's been going on. 

*DISCLAIMER*

I feel this way about every corps, not just Crown. I just don't go trudging into their threads simply because people are rude as hell. I did it here because this thread normally isn't this negative, but it seems some members just can't hold their tongue anymore.

Well apart from that guy who just said Crown’s guard sucks (which is totally inaccurate anyways), I don’t think anyone in here is saying anything bad about the kids. 

Theyre saying that the design is inadequate, where there are inconsistencies, and making predictions on placement

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I think they are supposed to represent teeth and claws of a beast, at least that's what I got out of the video from Flo Marching when Rick Subel was talking about the props for the show.

I think they might represent the ribs of dead animals, maybe creatures the beast has eaten.  Anyway, I'm hoping they will do something cool with them as the season goes along. 

I saw them live in Orlando for the second time this year.  They seemed tired and lacking energy.  I think they will bounce back after some rest. 

• Like 1