Carolina Crown 2018

4 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I heard (and I cannot reveal the source) that the "Girls Club" will sing "If I Fell" on the sideline through a heavily processed and intonation-corrected sound system while the rest of the brass does 8-to-5 drills with rifles.

(But you didn't hear it from me.) 

Noooooooooooooooo ugh 

• Haha 1

Great job tonight Crown! The BEAST released a high percussion, high brass, high music night. Visual gap that had been big has tightened. Hoping to see GE tighten some more tomorrow. Good luck in St. Louis!

• Like 9

4 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Which ones are the teeth and which ones are the claws?  They sort of look identical to me.  What am I missing?  Or are they teetlaws?

Idk pal, maybe they're cleeth... Whatever they are, they appear right now just to be staging as opposed to interact-able

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ccklinefelter said:

Idk pal, maybe they're cleeth... Whatever they are, they appear right now just to be staging as opposed to interact-able

The guard interacted with the front left set during the opener.

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

Can you please share some of the changes you saw tonight?

They don't march during the first set in the opener, it's now a scatter to the next set. During the ballad there's a noticable love story, changes to the hit and it was amazing, and the female ensemble now has a drape/dress to differentiate them from the rest of the corps. The totter was utilized more by the guard during Blow It Up, more guard on it. The tunning in the closer was MUCH better. Drill has cleaned up quite a bit, still some iffy spots but they're showing that they can clean them. Overall, I wouldn't count them out of a medal just yet.

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

They don't march during the first set in the opener, it's now a scatter to the next set. During the ballad there's a noticable love story, changes to the hit and it was amazing, and the female ensemble now has a drape/dress to differentiate them from the rest of the corps. The totter was utilized more by the guard during Blow It Up, more guard on it. The tunning in the closer was MUCH better. Drill has cleaned up quite a bit, still some iffy spots but they're showing that they can clean them. Overall, I wouldn't count them out of a metal just yet.

...and if I followed the chronology correctly, you distinctly mentioned “cleaner” in your brief show summary, BEFORE scores were announced.

Well done, sir.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nsxanax said:

...and if I followed the chronology correctly, you distinctly mentioned “cleaner” in your brief show summary, BEFORE scores were announced.

Well done, sir.

It was very noticable to the point that a 13 year old I brought who had never seen a show live, but plenty of videos, said they looked cleaner. 

I would also like to say that I brought 3 newbies to the show. One 13 year old, a 14 year old, and a 36 year old (13 year olds mom and my bestie). Crown starts playing during rehearsal (the opener), the 13 year olds jaw dropped, and immediately started crying mouthing "It's so good!!!". Lol. Very enjoyable day/night. 3 new drum corps fans today!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

It was very noticable to the point that a 13 year old I brought who had never seen a show live, but plenty of videos, said they looked cleaner. 

I would also like to say that I brought 3 newbies to the show. One 13 year old, a 14 year old, and a 36 year old (13 year olds mom and my bestie). Crown starts playing during rehearsal (the opener), the 13 year olds jaw dropped, and immediately started crying mouthing "It's so good!!!". Lol. Very enjoyable day/night. 3 new drum corps fans today!

While it’s still 2 weeks out, my annual pilgrimage to Night Beat is looking better than ever.

What a way to introduce DCI to newcomers...good on you!!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

While it’s still 2 weeks out, my annual pilgrimage to Night Beat is looking better than ever.

What a way to introduce DCI to newcomers...good on you!!

It definitely warmed my heart watching their reactions. My bestie was sitting in front of me and almost ended up in my lap the way she jumped. Lol. The 14 year old all but stood up and screamed. It was worth the $144. Lol.

• Like 3