Carolina Crown 2018

5 hours ago, ashevillemurphy said:

There is a new video out there from 7-15 (high angle cam) and it shows a "curly Crown shape" at the end of the ballad.... google is your friend...

Hey, just found that vid online that you suggested , and the improvement from what I saw in the theater last month is remarkable.

Recommended viewing to any fan. 

You might even come away feeling a little optimistic...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ccklinefelter said:

While people are talking about caution, I agree, caution is your friend here. However, it's still exciting to see Crown jump a good chunk. And even still, the score difference isn't one of those "east coast-west coast" gaps, it's Kansas vs Arkansas. They're neighbors. Crown isn't performing at any shows for the next couple days, so we won't see any solid indications of how they're doing until Southwest Regionals! Can't wait to see how they do

Actually.... they are going Thursday Friday Saturday this week. A similar scheduling as Prelims, Semis, Finals. A dress rehearsal as it were. It will great to what as the perform in places with minimal travel. Should maximize the chances for performance growth (and hopefully score will follow)!

46 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Actually.... they are going Thursday Friday Saturday this week. A similar scheduling as Prelims, Semis, Finals. A dress rehearsal as it were. It will great to what as the perform in places with minimal travel. Should maximize the chances for performance growth (and hopefully score will follow)!

You're right, I looked at the schedule afterwards and realized. Regionals was just the first thing to come to mind. The day before that I think almost all if not all of the current top 6 will be there.

Does anyone know what Crown has been up too?  I noticed yesterday and today are full practice days with no shows.  Should we expect some changes on Thursdays show? 

Also, can anyone with guard knowledge provide a commentary of why they are lagging the other top 5 corps.  When I look at what they are doing, it seems like its just as hard as the others. 

1 hour ago, B-Flat said:

Does anyone know what Crown has been up too?  I noticed yesterday and today are full practice days with no shows.  Should we expect some changes on Thursdays show? 

Also, can anyone with guard knowledge provide a commentary of why they are lagging the other top 5 corps.  When I look at what they are doing, it seems like its just as hard as the others. 

Not sure they’re lagging at all. Crown currently is in 4th overall and according to frontensemble.com they are 4th in guard. 

As for changes during the rehearsal days I hope so.  They’ve got plenty of work  to do including  some real obvious stuff like transitions that are too functional and they have some design challenges to overcome as well.  Lots to do —which is a good thing if you can get them all done!

Edited by karuna

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xPgpFUx_OrvGVELWU-gq-5zgFzO48n99

Edited by nsxanax
Link would not upload

Just a thought I had yesterday- If I remember correctly Crown has been extremely high scoring in brass the past few years, but this year it seems to be lagging behind Bluecoats generally when they face against each other. Could this simply be because of the ridiculous intensities of the BC brass part, and how well they are executing? I'm confident Crown has good players, but maybe the content is just not intense enough to warrant a higher score against such technical rep. I'm particularly interested in the brass caption going into San Antonio, will be interesting to see how things line up. 

2 hours ago, mfrontz47 said:

Just a thought I had yesterday- If I remember correctly Crown has been extremely high scoring in brass the past few years, but this year it seems to be lagging behind Bluecoats generally when they face against each other. Could this simply be because of the ridiculous intensities of the BC brass part, and how well they are executing? I'm confident Crown has good players, but maybe the content is just not intense enough to warrant a higher score against such technical rep. I'm particularly interested in the brass caption going into San Antonio, will be interesting to see how things line up. 

From what I understand, they're young.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

I didn’t realize Crown ever really fielded young hornlines. They seem dominant enough in that caption to be able to get the oldest and most experienced brass players every year. Matt Harloff and Klesch and pretty good draws in that respect too

5 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Trumpets are young.  Bloo and Crown have been swapping brass  wins all season.  No one has yet managed to pull away in that caption.  

Edited by karuna