Carolina Crown 2018

double post..

Edited by trumpetcam

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Based on comments on DCP, Crown didn’t even appear last night!   Hopefully we get better reporting tonight.  Heard there have been a number of changes but no idea what they might be. 

Hope Crown continues to build momentum!

I saw a small clip of the opener and heard some small changes musically and more guard visuals.

2 hours ago, karuna said:

Based on comments on DCP, Crown didn’t even appear last night!   Hopefully we get better reporting tonight.  Heard there have been a number of changes but no idea what they might be. 

Hope Crown continues to build momentum!

Last night was the first time I’ve been to a show in TX. I thought it was interesting that Crown was the clear crowd favorite both before the event started when Dan potter introduced all the performing corps, and after they performed, when they had the crowd immediately on their feet and the biggest cheers of the night. 

The brass was awesome, but I definitely noticed a few small issues with balance and individuals sticking out. The guard seemed to have more energy than what I’ve seen on video clips. Percussion was as advertised. 

• Thanks 4

Just now, besson57 said:

Last night was the first time I’ve been to a show in TX. I thought it was interesting that Crown was the clear crowd favorite both before the event started when Dan potter introduced all the performing corps, and after they performed, when they had the crowd immediately on their feet and the biggest cheers of the night. 

The brass was awesome, but I definitely noticed a few small issues with balance and individuals sticking out. The guard seemed to have more energy than what I’ve seen on video clips. Percussion was as advertised. 

THANK you for taking the time to share your experiences.  Crown has always had a big following in Texas! 

2 hours ago, karuna said:

I was just about to post this!! Now we know how the female ensemble happened!! Plus understanding the ballad

Anyone know if Crown had a rough night tonight based on scores, or are the other corps just that much better than Crown?

18 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Anyone know if Crown had a rough night tonight based on scores, or are the other corps just that much better than Crown?

That much better (in my opinion of course). Crown is just as good, but still has more things to tweak from a design standpoint compared to the other three, but it's MUCH better than where it was in Orlando. Completely different group. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, karuna said:

I've always felt a little beastly playing trombone.