Carolina Crown 2018

check site. 

after watching it several times...it's amazing how much they got better then when I saw them live in Bentonville last Monday....the ballad ending is epic....I assume they'll add a lot more technical stuff to the closer. They usually don't add the crown until Nightbeat....right? Anyways...they look so clean....and yet it's the visual marks that the need to really improve on. But they can still medal with the show..along with taking the Ott...and I'm really into this aggressive drumline they've got going on. 

Edited by msumello

6 hours ago, msumello said:

check site. 

after watching it several times...it's amazing how much they got better then when I saw them live in Bentonville last Monday....the ballad ending is epic....I assume they'll add a lot more technical stuff to the closer. They usually don't add the crown until Nightbeat....right? Anyways...they look so clean....and yet it's the visual marks that the need to really improve on. But they can still medal with the show..along with taking the Ott...and I'm really into this aggressive drumline they've got going on. 

But...there’s a crown at the end of the ballad already...

23 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

But...there’s a crown at the end of the ballad already...

Be interesting to see if they’ll—wait for it—double down with the Crown...

• Haha 1

Hats off to Crown last night. That first brass hit is really something. And the chord at the end of the ballad makes that section all the more "dreamlike" and pulls you back into the reality of conquering the beast. Still not a huge fan of the props. But whatever. They play the heck out of this show.

• Like 2

If y'all haven't seen SCV's show this year, I STRONGLY suggest you check it out (if you want a link from the 14th, I have one).

Anyways, I'm glad to see Crown in the 90's, and within a point of being runner up. They showed that they are still the alpha-beast (pun intended) in brass, and a competitor in percussion. Although, percussion will be a much tougher fight against SCV, who's percussion has a similar legacy to Crown's brass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ccklinefelter said:

If y'all haven't seen SCV's show this year, I STRONGLY suggest you check it out (if you want a link from the 14th, I have one).

Anyways, I'm glad to see Crown in the 90's, and within a point of being runner up. They showed that they are still the alpha-beast (pun intended) in brass, and a competitor in percussion. Although, percussion will be a much tougher fight against SCV, who's percussion has a similar legacy to Crown's brass.

Beast must consume masked prey running around with shiny plates :73_japanese_ogre: 

I think if Crown wants to improve their GE they'll need to make the guard stand out more and figure out a way to incorporate their props into the show to a much higher degree.  SCV, BD and Bluecoats use their props to their fullest extent and they are an integral part of the show - I feel that with Crown - they're just kind of there and used for a bit on the see saw part.

Other than that, they do have one of the more difficult shows on the field - and I feel that they have the most room for improvement.

Later,

Mike

Edited by Guardguy89
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Guardguy89 said:

I think if Crown wants to improve their GE they'll need to make the guard stand out more and figure out a way to incorporate their props into the show to a much higher degree.  SCV, BD and Bluecoats use their props to their fullest extent and they are an integral part of the show - I feel that with Crown - they're just kind of there and used for a bit on the see saw part.

Other than that, they do have one of the more difficult shows on the field - and I feel that they have the most room for improvement.

Later,

Mike

Yeah, there are far more exposed moments in their show, which is extremely hard to pull off. I love it.

I honestly think that they still have a lot left to add to the show, which will make things interesting come finals week. Go crown!

I also am a newbie to this forum, but am on a couple others, so hello everyone.

Edited by MadisonBandMan1
Forgot to add something to the post, didn't want to end up double posting.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Guardguy89 said:

Later,

Mike

What?  Dig up the half-buried bones in the graveyard and gnaw on them?  Crown's props are just atmosphere.  Heck Nessie is just a flat until she comes alive. Given her location I think she could be referenced more often but Crown is just choosing NOT to drag props around.  Good for them.

edit: Agree 100% about the guard.  Costumes are beautiful and detailed and blend into the brass too much. 

Edited by karuna
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ccklinefelter said:

From that sage percussionist, the inimitable Christopher Walken, two words for Crown perc: more cowbell..

• Haha 1