Carolina Crown 2018

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

As I've previously noted, enthusiasm on CC's thread and chatter in general has been somewhat muted in 2018.

Thanks and props to all the Crown faithful, who continue to contribute with their analysis, observations, and encouragement.

NightBeat is the highlight of my year, and while I've yet to attend one wherein Crown was in pole position, I'm confident they'll put on a helluva run for homers in Crown Land:91_thumbsup: 

A lot of that chatter disappeared when corpsband got banned. However he is alive and well in Reddit.

• Like 3

Hey everyone - new poster here even though I've been following DCP for a couple years now!

I agree the props need to be adjusted so they are better integrated to the show. My mother (who is now a big drum corps fan) likes to call them the "Command Hooks" so I say we add that to the list of possible options. 

I also think the large triangular flags in the closer need to be re-worked. When I saw them live in Clifton and in other videos, they didn't really add anything visually and also seemed to be a safety hazard to the hornline. Almost every time it appears the last one that runs down the 50 hits at least three members... 

However, I'm looking forward to the last couple weeks of the season and hopeful they medal in Indy!

• Like 3

Making your maiden post on CC’s thread, suggests that you’re not only a corps fan of discriminating taste, but hitching their wagon—couldn’t resist the “Relentless” referernce—to one of DCI’s most dynamic corps.

Enjoy the ride my friend:thumbup:

Edited by nsxanax
Forgot quote
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mrm743 said:

Hey everyone - new poster here even though I've been following DCP for a couple years now!

I agree the props need to be adjusted so they are better integrated to the show. My mother (who is now a big drum corps fan) likes to call them the "Command Hooks" so I say we add that to the list of possible options. 

I also think the large triangular flags in the closer need to be re-worked. When I saw them live in Clifton and in other videos, they didn't really add anything visually and also seemed to be a safety hazard to the hornline. Almost every time it appears the last one that runs down the 50 hits at least three members... 

However, I'm looking forward to the last couple weeks of the season and hopeful they medal in Indy!

See previous response re the above quote as reference...

7 hours ago, karuna said:

But you kept it to yourself?  :rolleyes:

Why would I have said something when every time I praised this show I got called out? That's why I stopped with the "I know", "I feel", or "I think" posts. So yes, I kept it to myself. Now that Boston is nipping on Crowns heels anymore, I can feel free to say things like that again. 

The  haters have died down and it's a glorious time to be a Crown fan.

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Why would I have said something when every time I praised this show I got called out? That's why I stopped with the "I know", "I feel", or "I think" posts. So yes, I kept it to myself. Now that Boston is nipping on Crowns heels anymore, I can feel free to say things like that again. 

The  haters have died down and it's a glorious time to be a Crown fan.

I agree with your last!

8 hours ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

After watching videos again, could it be possible that the horns are actually fangs/teeth instead? Just now noticed this because I don't think that Sacktig would make horns or ears look like a teddy bear, but after a better look they kind of look like fangs to me now.

SOLD!  Thank you.  I did not have a good feeling about that set before, either, but now much less cuddly, and more beastly. :satisfied:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mrm743 said:

I seem to be in the minority about the props.  i don't mind that the ribcages are only used as set pieces.  That may change of course, but it does not bother me, and I usually find the relocation of props distracting.

I did notice that the flags in the closer seemed dangerous.  Saw the tails get stepped on, which could cause a problem.  And I thought the rocker was going to be the dangerous prop. :sigh: