Carolina Crown 2018

Just now, karuna said:

Quoting you just to appreciate the :73_japanese_ogre: !

...appropriated from you, ace:96_ok_hand:!

2 hours ago, wilme861 said:

I actually think Epiphanies is a great closer and is one of my favorite parts of the show. Musically it is just awesome. Visually sure it could take a change. But it does fit perfectly with the concept of it being the Alpha beast section. During the transition, you hear the impending beast coming with some of the corps getting scared and running away. Ultimately the Alpha arrives with the beginning of Epiphanies, which if you haven't heard live yet, you can't truly appreciate that sound.

I agree, I just feel like they could up the difficulty in the brass line for Epiphanies. Yes, I get it's supposed to be a fanfare that introduces the Alpha Beast, but I feel like the Alpha would be much more aggressive than where they're at now. Also, the drill needs to be changed a bit. Lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

I agree, I just feel like they could up the difficulty in the brass line for Epiphanies. Yes, I get it's supposed to be a fanfare that introduces the Alpha Beast, but I feel like the Alpha would be much more aggressive than where they're at now. Also, the drill needs to be changed a bit. Lol.

Have to all remember it’s supposed to be a more god-like or mythical type of beast. Not necessarily a crazy aggressive one but more like a Zeus-type beast. Something like that lol

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, wilme861 said:

Have to all remember it’s supposed to be a more god-like or mythical type of beast. Not necessarily a crazy aggressive one but more like a Zeus-type beast. Something like that lol

If nothing else, Crown has certainly got a lot of us talking about what/who the Beast is -- the very definition of great marketing. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

16 hours ago, wilme861 said:

I actually think Epiphanies is a great closer and is one of my favorite parts of the show. Musically it is just awesome. Visually sure it could take a change. But it does fit perfectly with the concept of it being the Alpha beast section. During the transition, you hear the impending beast coming with some of the corps getting scared and running away. Ultimately the Alpha arrives with the beginning of Epiphanies, which if you haven't heard live yet, you can't truly appreciate that sound.

Or, they can keep the same song (which fits the closer so well) and just add a couple of those crunchy "beast-chords" or something like that. Just to give the same feel as the rest of the show. Then it doesn't feel so tacked on, there's could be more technicality in the line, AND it still matches the overarching theme that Crown is going for.

• Like 1

It's a show day! Time to UNLEASH the BEAST! Can't wait to see what surprises the BEAST will reveal tonight. GO CROWN!

• Like 1