Carolina Crown 2018

Definitely getting the feel of 2014 as we start to plot a northerly course for the remainder of the season. Crown programs that have medaled in the past have generally placed among the top three at or before Atlanta.

Regardless, shuttin’er down in prep for early a.m. departure for BB&T Field.

As usual, I’m punching beyond my financial body weight at the Crown Club Level, but they really do put out a nice spread.

Safe travels to all making the trek:109_vulcan:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nsxanax said:

Definitely getting the feel of 2014 as we start to plot a northerly course for the remainder of the season. Crown programs that have medaled in the past have generally placed among the top three at or before Atlanta.

As usual, I’m punching beyond my financial body weight at the Crown Club Level, but they really do put out a nice spread.

People like to call 2014 as a disappointing year but I don't at all. It was a great show filled with some really cool stuff. Yeah it didn't medal but I saw that show live 5 times that year and at every single show, they had the crowd out of their seats. Tonight, the only corps to get a better ending reaction in my section up in the 200 level was SCV. That doesn't mean everyone is standing up but a lot of people are entertained by this show, which is the top goal of a Crown show.

On a side note, I was able to catch a couple members (both 2nd years) and ask them how they feel about the season. One from the guard and one from the drum line and both agreed this year is more enjoyable to perform than last years. Again, it's a very small sample of the corps but still found it interesting.

Great run tonight Crown! Enjoy these last 2 weeks!!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, nsxanax said:

I am not there yet. Remember... the show has more room for improvement. I do not think a 1 point gap in visual will hold. My last point is... Remember the Cavaliers in 2017. A one point gap the week before finals and a .9 gap in Semis vanished in finals. They are starting to perform the heck out of the show. Atlanta was a great performance and the kind that sends a message regardless of placement.

• Like 1

It's a NIGHTBEAT home show day. What better way to follow up an awesome Atlanta performance the to blow down the house in Winston Salem. RELEASE THE BEAST!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

All I have to say is this...

4th tastes better than 6th. :dancin:

Agreed. I can live with 4th but 6th place is an entirely different feeling.

• Like 2

Fingers crossed for no rain. 30-40% chances at show time but that's down from 60% earlier

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wilme861 said:

People like to call 2014 as a disappointing year but I don't at all. It was a great show filled with some really cool stuff. Yeah it didn't medal but I saw that show live 5 times that year and at every single show, they had the crowd out of their seats. Tonight, the only corps to get a better ending reaction in my section up in the 200 level was SCV. That doesn't mean everyone is standing up but a lot of people are entertained by this show, which is the top goal of a Crown show.

On a side note, I was able to catch a couple members (both 2nd years) and ask them how they feel about the season. One from the guard and one from the drum line and both agreed this year is more enjoyable to perform than last years. Again, it's a very small sample of the corps but still found it interesting.

Great run tonight Crown! Enjoy these last 2 weeks!!!

I think people call the ‘14 show disappointing because it’s sandwiched in between two really good shows (‘13 and ‘15)

I tend to agree that it wasn’t a disappointing show but it will probably go down as one of Crown’s more forgettable years, IMO.

10 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I think people call the ‘14 show disappointing because it’s sandwiched in between two really good shows (‘13 and ‘15)

That, and they never really nailed down the design. The changes that they did make (tacked on voice overs, watered down closer) hurt rather than helped.