Carolina Crown 2018

4 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

This is not true. All corps that did perform and those that will perform on Saturday will receive a score. 

If so that seems patently unfair to corps that were rained out yesterday. Is this one two day event or two one day events?

And who “wins” this event when half of the corps didn’t even get scored, including the top three scorers of the season? 

Edited by MikeRapp

13 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

If so that seems patently unfair to corps that were rained out yesterday. Is this one two day event or two one day events?

And who “wins” this event when half of the corps didn’t even get scored, including the top three scorers of the season? 

As I understand it, the scores from Allentown will not be used to determine order of performance at Indianapolis.  So while unfortunate that

some did not get a chance to perform and receive a score, it's not really unfair as it won't adversely affect them in any way. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wigwam said:

As I understand it, the scores from Allentown will not be used to determine order of performance at Indianapolis.  So while unfortunate that

some did not get a chance to perform and receive a score, it's not really unfair as it won't adversely affect them in any way. 

Given how DCI scores the season, and the fact that we are now only two shows from finals, the corps that perform today have a chance to increase their scores relative to the rest of the field. This isn’t a situation where eight unrelated corps show up in Iowa to do a show; its half of World Class getting scores that add to their aggregate for the season. 

This isn’t two one day shows, it’s one two day show. As such, I think it is understandable but arguably unfair that half of the world class group gets to add to their previous score, while the other half is literally sitting and watching. 

It's a DCI East SHOW DAY. And how appropriate to be able to UNLEASH the BEAST from the EAST in Allentown! I can't wait to see the corps and the reception they receive tonight. GO CROWN!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Given how DCI scores the season, and the fact that we are now only two shows from finals, the corps that perform today have a chance to increase their scores relative to the rest of the field. This isn’t a situation where eight unrelated corps show up in Iowa to do a show; its half of World Class getting scores that add to their aggregate for the season. 

This isn’t two one day shows, it’s one two day show. As such, I think it is understandable but arguably unfair that half of the world class group gets to add to their previous score, while the other half is literally sitting and watching. 

The performance order for Indy will be determined by the Atlanta scores. Everything is okay. Calm down. Shows get rained out all the time and life still goes on.

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

The performance order for Indy will be determined by the Atlanta scores. Everything is okay. Calm down. Shows get rained out all the time and life still goes on.

I never said anything about order of performance in Indy. And I’m totally calm.

24 minutes ago, skevinp said:

It's never been fair to compare them anyway imo because the Saturday corps has one more preparation day than the Friday carps.

It's never been fair because the corps are split up, the judges can't get a true comparison, and as we know slotting is very real in DCI. Is what it is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

I believe DCI said it would be the combination of San Antonio and Atlanta.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

I believe DCI said it would be the combination of San Antonio and Atlanta.

Yup. That’s why the Cavies will perform 5th from last at prelims no matter if Boston beats them tonight. 

• Like 1