Carolina Crown 2018

The Beast is spooling up to ROAR in Allentown....

Bueller? Bueller?...

• Like 1

I watched the show on Flo tonight and the visual / drill looked very clean tonight.  I hope their scores reflect it.  

That was by far the best run of the season.

-Great Job to the MM!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

I watched the show on Flo tonight and the visual / drill looked very clean tonight.  I hope their scores reflect it.  

That was by far the best run of the season.

-Great Job to the MM!

AGREED!!!  Their score tonight puts up to 3rd place for now

• Like 1

This has probably already been explained so sorry for the question but...what is Visual Analysis...That's what seems to be Crowns' weakness...according to the scores tonight. 

26 minutes ago, msumello said:

This has probably already been explained so sorry for the question but...what is Visual Analysis...That's what seems to be Crowns' weakness...according to the scores tonight. 

It’s a box level take on the visual program. How well is the visual side of the program constructed? How are the performers utilizing the visual in the program? How is  the overall pacing and the transitions from set to set affecting the visual? That kind of stuff.

Music and Visual analysis are both hard to make much movement in without making changes to the show. Cleaning alone may get you up a spot or so but you can’t make up much ground with that alone.

• Thanks 1

Crown has cleaned a lot of visual dirt but still lagging compared to the field...part of what the Analysis/Ensemble sheet is telling you.  Other part is the construction of the show drill, staging, guard.  A lot of the drill still looks cluttered...part of this is the color palette and guard staging.  Secondly there is a ton a caption bleed between the guard and analysis sheet...so if you guard is struggling compared to your competitors it’s a double whammy