Carolina Crown 2018

94.35! Nice score tonight Crown. Get some rest and some quality rehearsal for the last competition before DCI Championships! BEAST!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

94.35! Nice score tonight Crown. Get some rest and some quality rehearsal for the last competition before DCI Championships! BEAST!

Seeing Crown in 2nd and a good leap in score on the chart looks oh so good... although they didn't have of their true rivals to compete against tonight!! Good momentum going into finals.

I'll be a diehard Crownie regardless!!

Edited by bvgordy
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, bvgordy said:

Seeing Crown in 2nd and a good leap in score on the chart looks oh so good... although they didn't have of their true rivals to compete against tonight!! Good momentum going into finals.

I'll be a diehard Crownie regardless!!

Aren't they in third according to the chart?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Aren't they in third according to the chart?

LOL..... they are now.... they were in 2nd on the chart for a few toningt...... smh

Edited by bvgordy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

2nd...3rd...who cares?! The Beast is still climbing and that's all that matters. Who knew 6th place could feel so good?! :felloff:

I never understood where the whole 6th place thing came from...I never thought for a moment they'd fall that far...the absolute lowest I thought would be 5th.  I still think they could medal. Whether that happens or not it doesn't matter....I've enjoyed this show so much more than "It Is" 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, msumello said:

I never understood where the whole 6th place thing came from...I never thought for a moment they'd fall that far...the absolute lowest I thought would be 5th.  I still think they could medal. Whether that happens or not it doesn't matter....I've enjoyed this show so much more than "It Is" 

I’ve been a critic of Crown this whole season and am one who predicted a 6th place. While I stand by my opinions, I can officially eat my words, as I was VERY wrong. I suppose you can never discount the performance level of Crown!

Shout out to “It Is” for being one of the more under appreciated shows in the last 10 years. I wasn’t in love with every moment, but that show is due for more credit than it is deserving. It certainly was more competitive than this year’s production (to date).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

I’ve been a critic of Crown this whole season and am one who predicted a 6th place. While I stand by my opinions, I can officially eat my words, as I was VERY wrong. I suppose you can never discount the performance level of Crown!

Shout out to “It Is” for being one of the more under appreciated shows in the last 10 years. I wasn’t in love with every moment, but that show is due for more credit than it is deserving. It certainly was more competitive than this year’s production (to date).

I give credit to Crown for pushing vocal boundaries with It Is, and to that end I believe Blooo,  for one, might have taken a lesson  when incorporating a vocal element this year.

Not trying to make a comparison of the two shows in any other way. I believe some singing can be quite effective. Just have to pick your spots.

In that respect, 'Coats have execexecuted/imimplemened with greater success.

Still, mad love and props to Anna. Crownies know she was WAY hotter than Judy Jetson! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Glad to see their score above 94. When I saw them in Allentown on Saturday night, I thought they lacked some energy so some floor time is much needed for them. I would like to see them above a 94 tonight and close to Blue Coats. Also, I think Thursday is key for them and need to come out with a really good performance. 

• Like 1