Carolina Crown 2018

Crown rehearsal this afternoon was incredible. The members are focused. The performance level was off the charts. Look for the performance of the year this evening. Let's go CROWN. Unleash the BEAST to devour Luca Oil Stadium.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Dumb? Woah woah, The Beatles are my absolute favorite. Don't dis the genius of Paul and John.

A Crownie at Prelims posted a tweet he received from someone that was gaga over the ballad, and suggested a whole Beetles’ program. God knows there’s a sufficient catalog.

How about a closer featuring Hey Jude?

If arranged correctly that could make for an epic finale.

BTW, we baby boomers are fast approaching our “sell by” dates.

Just sayin’...

1 minute ago, nsxanax said:

A Crownie at Prelims posted a tweet he received from someone that was gaga over the ballad, and suggested a whole Beetles’ program. God knows there’s a sufficient catalog.

Just sayin’...

I'm no baby boomer, but I LOVE The Beatles. I listen to at least one record a day, and yes I mean record. Lol. A total Beatles show would throw me overboard. I could honestly say I could die a happy man. The power of Crown brass behind a Hey Jude company front...I could cry just thinking about it!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm no baby boomer, but I LOVE The Beatles. I listen to at least one record a day, and yes I mean record. Lol. A total Beatles show would throw me overboard. I could honestly say I could die a happy man. The power of Crown brass behind a Hey Jude company front...I could cry just thinking about it!

Long live vinyl & analog, and a company front is exactly the way I’d envision it:89_clap:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

The concept isn’t strong enough, it’s that simple. Same with that stupid Statues show. Some things sound crazy great in a board room and then just don’t pan out in reality. I’m a Designer by trade, I know what that’s like. I’ve had more than my share of ideas that I convince myself were genius that fell flat on presentation.

I always loved DCI for the sheer demand and the physicality it took to pull of what the top groups used to put on the field. But watching Vanguard and Bluecoats yesterday it really hit me how much technicality has taken the backside to design. Heck Cadets might be marching and playing more than anyone but like you said without that strong concept it won't get results. Here's hoping Rick Subel finds his voice in the DCI world as he seems to have struck gold in the wgi circuit.

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

Just sayin’...

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

We did an all beatles show my senior year of highschool with a company front Hey Jude hit as our closer and that was possibly the most fun I've ever had marching. The audience ate it up and were on their feet singing along at every show we did, even local football games!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DasTuba said:

We did an all beatles show my senior year of highschool with a company front Hey Jude hit as our closer and that was possibly the most fun I've ever had marching. The audience ate it up and were on their feet singing along at every show we did, even local football games!

My high school band was more serious. My hometown was built around the arts, though interest has slid a little, but we took marching band seriously to the point we had auditions at the end of 6th grade and if you weren't good enough you got cut and were told to come back next year. We competed in the state circuit and went to Nationals until we got a new director. Then it all started to go down hill. I'll never forget seeing Crown for the first time in 2007. We did a Kentucky Derby show, more specifically Barbarros story, in 2006 and then Crown came out with Triple Crown. It was too perfect. Then they started playing and I fell in love. Never looked back! Before I was a Cadets fan.

2 minutes ago, karuna said:

An all Beatles show  would be the first show to win and not appear on the DVD at all due to licensing. 

Not so fast. Crown used all those classic rock hits in 2011, and I know of a local high school here in Kentucky in the same year who did an all pop song show and Box 5 (shudder) got the licensing for it to appear on the DVD. It can be done.

12 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Not so fast. Crown used all those classic rock hits in 2011, and I know of a local high school here in Kentucky in the same year who did an all pop song show and Box 5 (shudder) got the licensing for it to appear on the DVD. It can be done.

Pop song =/= Beatles.   I’ll be surprised to see If I Fell on the DVD this year.  Last I heard sync rights for a Beatles tune are still in the neighborhood for 250k. 

Edited by karuna