Carolina Crown 2018

Just now, bvgordy said:

Nice run tonight Crown!!

I personally love how they are hanging in with an incomplete show on the field... kinda reminding me of early 2015

2015 they were 3rd for so long. Finally clicked the week between SA and Atlanta. I definitely didn't expect them to surge like they did.

Just now, bvgordy said:

Nice run tonight Crown!!

I personally love how they are hanging in with an incomplete show on the field... kinda reminding me of early 2015

When was it that they finally got it all on the field in 2015? They didn't have it in mid July when I saw them in Arkansas. 

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

2015 they were 3rd for so long. Finally clicked the week between SA and Atlanta. I definitely didn't expect them to surge like they did.

They didn't pass Bluecoats last year until Broken Arrow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, msumello said:

They didn't pass Bluecoats last year until Broken Arrow. 

Well they were 3rd behind Cadets and BD until Murfreesboro. But yeah, it's still just crazy how they rose up the rankings.

Crown proves once again that they are at an elite level with their show this year. Saw them Saturday night and could not help myself from getting on my feet and cheering loudly for them. An absolute incredible sounding show.  I’m really looking forward to the growth of the show as it truly has potential to compete with anyone this year.

ps - great unis!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 4

After seeing the recap I'm just extremely happy to see Crown take back brass and that their percussion is still staying ahead of everyone else on the east

• Like 4

I was sitting in Row G and noticed something that I missed at the Preview - some front ensemble folks crawling out from underneath the marimbas and being dragged back inside. Nice nod to Inferno!

Edited by Tavman91
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tavman91 said:

I was sitting in Row G and noticed something that I missed at the Preview - some front ensemble folks crawling out from underneath the marimbas and being dragged back inside. Nice node to Inferno!

Cool! Thx!

There is definitely a trend with this corps that they like pace themselves in terms of getting the entire production on the field. They are the masters of layering. Last season they were adding the week of finals. I think its going to be difficult to judge where this corps will be until we get to San Antonio. 

• Like 2