Carolina Crown 2018

32 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

This is a show, very much like last years, that is going to have different meanings and interpretations to different people. I personally see the show as an internal beast inside a person and not about an actual animal. Almost a kind of Jekyll vs Hyde kind of thing. That’s just me though.

Which would be a throw back to '99. Lol. I miss the Broadway shows. Maybe that's part of the why I loved last year's so much...

17 hours ago, trumpetcam said:

Always funny that when Crown loses brass, they MUST have had an off night.. Or maybe there are other lines as good, or BETTER than them this season? Let’s give credit where it’s due, they aren’t the only great hornline in DCI after all. Heard BLOO and SCV lately??  I love me some Crown, but I expect a lot of brass caption flipping is going to happen the rest of the season. Not sure this show can pull into the top 3 as strong as SCV, BLOO and BD are already and NONE of them are clean yet. 

You should've seen the shock on here when Crown didn't get the Ott in 2015 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

And I was thinking that the show was about the activity nearing the end of all things many believe to be drum corps. A terrifying, great beast would appear. We’re warned of his mark he has left on the activity. Many are prophesying the demise of drum corps as we once knew it because of him, his proposals for instrumentation, electronics and amplification. Silly costumes, brass acrobatics instead of melody, singers and large infamous props that are never utilized during a performance and take up space that was once used for marching. The great question to be answered? Will GH be removed from the DCI HOF putting an end to the beast. 

• Haha 3

Can someone please inform me of how to mute a poster?

Never mind, found it. :thumbs-up:

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, karuna said:

It doesnt violate DCP rules but it's essentially bullying.  Argue every fact no matter how ridiculous and eventually your opponent shuts up.  

Reminds me of a certain Crown poster who got banned a year ago

22 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Reminds me of a certain Crown poster who got banned a year ago

Because said poster was only dishing out what they were receiving? I wonder why...Lol.

• Like 1

Earlier in the week, I lamented that there didn’t seem to be quite as much “chatter” on CC’s thread, at least as compared to the last several years, this far into the season.

What’s the old adage, something like, “be careful what you wish, for you shall surely get it.”

Well, it seems—wait for it—the Beast has now been unleashed.

Carry on...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Because said poster was only dishing out what they were receiving? I wonder why...Lol.

That’s an interesting way to frame it

43 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That’s an interesting way to frame it

All depends on the perspective of the situation. Lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

You should've seen the shock on here when Crown didn't get the Ott in 2015 

I thought it was worse in 2014 IMO.