Carolina Crown 2018

10 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

They were 3rd at SW and 1st at SE in 2015. Their lowest placement in 2015 was a tie for 4th (with Vanguard) on 7/13 at the Tour of Champions show in Warrensburg, MO.

Yep, my error in moving data from db to screen.  Sorry, put it does not change the point.  2015 was they year they moved up significantly from the beginning of the season.  They also got a 4th in Minneapolis and Houston, if I am reading this correctly.  Both of those were Pre-SW.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Yep, my error in moving data from db to screen.  Sorry, put it does not change the point.  2015 was they year they moved up significantly from the beginning of the season.  They also got a 4th in Minneapolis and Houston, if I am reading this correctly.  Both of those were Pre-SW.

Yeah, I get your point. I thought that show was pretty dull in the beginning of the season but by the end of the season it was my favorite Crown show ever. I think what the did in 2015 is a rarity now. It's going to be tough, but I don't know what they have planned. Not many changes, I see 6th. With changes, who knows?

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yeah, I get your point. I thought that show was pretty dull in the beginning of the season but by the end of the season it was my favorite Crown show ever. I think what the did in 2015 is a rarity now. It's going to be tough, but I don't know what they have planned. Not many changes, I see 6th. With changes, who knows?

I could be surprised, and I too, have no clue what their plan is, if they can hold on to 4th, and I doubt that they would fall to 6th.  But it is hard to tell, Cavies have been playing by themselves away from most of their competition class.  Strange how that works out some seasons.

I recall in 2014, having hope as the season unfolded that “OoTW” would catch fire with adjudicators and fans, but there came a point as a Crown honk that one simply had to enjoy the show for what it was and just save placement/medal concerns for another season.

While hope springs eternal, I fear this is more of a ‘14 than ‘15 season with respect to monster layering, cleaning, etc. At the very least, it’s time to set the GQ alarm—to sorta mix the metaphor—to right the beast.

And for those that would label me a fair weather fan, I relish the opportunity to feast on crow. Or should I say “Beast”...

3 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

I could be surprised, and I too, have no clue what their plan is, if they can hold on to 4th, and I doubt that they would fall to 6th.  But it is hard to tell, Cavies have been playing by themselves away from most of their competition class.  Strange how that works out some seasons.

I think Cavies are going to surprise people. I think the medals will be #1 SCV, #2 BD, #3 Cavies. At least right now. Until proven otherwise, I put BD above Bloo, which puts SCV above them, and Cavaliers above Crown/BAC based on spreads. I've been a fool too many times counting BD out :) It's been a fun season nonetheless and it's going to be fun to watch what happens down the stretch.

Edited by queenanne_1536

16 hours ago, nsxanax said:

I recall in 2014, having hope as the season unfolded that “OoTW” would catch fire with adjudicators and fans, but there came a point as a Crown honk that one simply had to enjoy the show for what it was and just save placement/medal concerns for another season.

While hope springs eternal, I fear this is more of a ‘14 than ‘15 season with respect to monster layering, cleaning, etc. At the very least, it’s time to set the GQ alarm—to sorta mix the metaphor—to right the beast.

And for those that would label me a fair weather fan, I relish the opportunity to feast on crow. Or should I say “Beast”...

I too thought the same thing in 2014, but I enjoyed "OoTW" a lot more than I like "Beast." There's nothing "Beast" about this show that I can see. But we will see.

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I too thought the same thing in 2014, but I enjoyed "OoTW" a lot more than I like "Beast." There's nothing "Beast" about this show that I can see. But we will see.

Dude, if all you're going do is put them down, then go to a thread of a corps that's beating them. You've been negative about this corps since the season began. We get it, you don't like the show. You think there's "nothing Beast" about it (though the correct way to put it would 've been 'nothing Beastly'). You "used to be a Crown homer, but this show has made you feel otherwise", or whatever it is you said. Okay. Move on then. Lol. Jesus Christ.

27 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Dude, if all you're going do is put them down, then go to a thread of a corps that's beating them. You've been negative about this corps since the season began. We get it, you don't like the show. You think there's "nothing Beast" about it (though the correct way to put it would 've been 'nothing Beastly'). You "used to be a Crown homer, but this show has made you feel otherwise", or whatever it is you said. Okay. Move on then. Lol. Jesus Christ.

Dude, it's a discussion board. If you don't like what I have to say ABOUT CROWN'S SHOW then hit the ignore button. It's that simple. I haven't been negative about this corps all season. For the first couple weeks I said I felt this show was going to be like Inferno. Well it's not. I also countered someone who claimed their guard was so clean at the beginning of the season, because they weren't and they aren't. No one is. That's my opinion, and offering what I feel are the negatives about this show is not being negative or bashing them. If you don't like it - TOUGH! Hide me.

**EDIT** I really wish I hadn't written this and had instead taken time to think before I responded. It would have been much gentler, less hostile and more mature. 

I don't need to be schooled by anyone on here, nor do I want to fight with anyone. The schooling I see on here just gets my goat. If you don't value what someone says ignore them. It is that simple. I do it all the time.

I love Crown, and wish them the best, but I'll stand by my opinon of their show this year and where I think they are headed.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

On 7/6/2018 at 3:19 AM, Incognito365 said:

That is MY OPINION, if you don't like it ignore my posts. As long as I don't get banned over something futile, I will continue to post my opinions on an opinion board in a thread about my favorite corps.

While I don’t necessarily supporting coming to a corps thread to trash the corps, I gotta butt in and say, practice what you preach.