Carolina Crown 2018

23 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The word “layer” is being so overused lol

So -- where does it fit on the continuum?

Unchanged

Tweak

Layer?

Minor

Layer?

Major

Rewrite

Start Over

11 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Any details on these?

During the ballad there’s more of a feel of a beast (guard boys) finding their mate/love with some new partner work. There’s some musical additions into the closer and before the ballad.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, msmoyercdcg said:

Poor choice of words.

I've seen Crown live 3 times and I can assure you, the guard does not "suck!" (And neither did the drumline prior to this season.) The caliber of these top corps is off the charts! They are all great!

Fair enough, when I said "sucks", I didn't mean in general, I mean relative to the level of the corps other captions, and relative to the other corps guards around it. They always seem to be behind Bloo AND BAC in guard, consistently. Sorry for the confusion haha

16 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Well apart from that guy who just said Crown’s guard sucks (which is totally inaccurate anyways), I don’t think anyone in here is saying anything bad about the kids. 

Theyre saying that the design is inadequate, where there are inconsistencies, and making predictions on placement

Again sorry for the harsh statement :58_disappointed_relieved:

24 minutes ago, ccklinefelter said:

Fair enough, when I said "sucks", I didn't mean in general, I mean relative to the level of the corps other captions, and relative to the other corps guards around it. They always seem to be behind Bloo AND BAC in guard, consistently. Sorry for the confusion haha

Still doesn't make it okay that you said they suck. Again, I'm sure the members get on here, and I'm sure that's the last thing they want to read. They don't suck. In my opinion, they're still rebuilding after losing most of their vets and staff to, Boston. Said vets will be aging out this year from what I've been told, so I look for Boston to take a hit in guard next season which could end up benefiting Crown. Regardless, they don't suck and no matter how you meant it, it still doesn't make it right.

Edited by Incognito365

18 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Theyre saying that the design is inadequate, where there are inconsistencies, and making predictions on placement

What exactly does inadequate mean in terms of construction, orchestration , pacing, unity ?   Please explain what your comment means in terms of actual design criteria.   

2 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Still doesn't make it okay that you said they suck. Again, I'm sure the members get on here, and I'm sure that's the last thing they want to read. They don't suck. In my opinion, they're still rebuilding after losing most of their vets and staff to, Boston. Said vets will be aging out this year from what I've been told, so I look for Boston to take a hit in guard next season which could end up benefiting Crown. Regardless, they don't suck and no matter how you meant it, it still doesn't make it right.

For the record, Boston has 42 guard members and four alternates at present. There are only about a dozen left who came from Crown two years.  Not sure that will result in Boston's guard "taking a hit".  I think there are actually more members from Pride of Cincinnati and Blessed Sac World Guards.

Carry on...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, craiga said:

For the record, Boston has 42 guard members and four alternates at present. There are only about a dozen left who came from Crown two years.  Not sure that will result in Boston's guard "taking a hit".  I think there are actually more members from Pride of Cincinnati and Blessed Sac World Guards.

Carry on...

A dozen out of 42 is still a good amount.

• Like 1