Carolina Crown 2018

13 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

A few observations after watching some of the Texas shows on youtube. The set before the beast horns/ears/whatever it is in the opening has never been clean and they have yet to change that drill for some reason. There has to be another way to get into the beast set without that weird semi-circle set that is not clean. Also, I noticed some messed up visuals from the brass while watching San Antonio on Flo's multi cam (kind of odd). Their feet in the closer are....not good. They are marching fast at some points and slower at some points during that movement, but when they are marching fast it is a mess. Other than guard I think that these could be things affecting their visual scores. Just some observations I had. Go get 'em tonight Crown! Close that gap some more!

There are actually 3 simultaneous tempi in  Epiphanies.  MM's switching back and forth all over.  Agree it's dirty.  In fact Crown is still far dirtier than usual.  Part of this is the difficulty and part is the 7-8 days lost to the stupid rain in Boiling Springs.  

SNo1zi7.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Oh, and what are the white things / props sticking out of the field.  Horns?  Ribs?  Teeth? I feel like I'm just missing something there.

Mike

Lol

• Thanks 1

It's a show day! Unleash the BEAST!

• Like 2

The white props are supposed to be teeth and claws, but I'll continue thinking their rib cages of dead animals because I feel like it makes more sense. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

The white props are supposed to be teeth and claws, but I'll continue thinking their rib cages of dead animals because I feel like it makes more sense. 

They are rib cages...

44 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

They are rib cages...

At this point let’s just say it’s contemporary art. 

They’re obviously basilisk fangs :lle:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

They are rib cages...

Crown design staff put a video out saying they were teeth and claws. So, they're not supposed to be ribcages, but that's the general consensus from fans. From others, we get "white Hershey kisses" or whatever else they want to throw into the ring. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Crown design staff put a video out saying they were teeth and claws. So, they're not supposed to be ribcages, but that's the general consensus from fans. From others, we get "white Hershey kisses" or whatever else they want to throw into the ring. 

They look ribs to me, but maybe I'm just hungry.

I have an idea for bringing those teeth/ claws to life:  hide a red flag/plume in each  claw.  Guard can pull them out of the tips at just the right time.   Those claws need to draw a little blood.

If tye pattern I am seeing continues, crown only marginally increasing their score tonight means they are going to have a big jump at the next comp.