Carolina Crown 2018

4 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

If tye pattern I am seeing continues, crown only marginally increasing their score tonight means they are going to have a big jump at the next comp.

Their next one isn't for 2 days, correct? Could get in some good cleaning and changes in that time.

11 minutes ago, Buckeye said:

I have an idea for bringing those teeth/ claws to life:  hide a red flag/plume in each  claw.  Guard can pull them out of the tips at just the right time.   Those claws need to draw a little blood.

I think they should bring them together at the end as the ribcages of a slayed beast during Blow It Up...but that's just me...

• Like 1

Also, Crown, I can deal with you 4th in GE. It's subejective...but you HAVE to get these visual scores up or Cavies are going to catch you...fix the drill, rewrite the drill, I don't care. Just get this fixed pronto!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Also, Crown, I can deal with you 4th in GE. It's subejective...but you HAVE to get these visual scores up or Cavies are going to catch you...fix the drill, rewrite the drill, I don't care. Just get this fixed pronto!

I said kind of the same thing earlier. That semi-circle drill set right before the beast horns/ears in the opener has never been clean, but yet they insist on keeping it. Hoping that the next few days will be cleaning and then the rehearsal days in the Liberty Bowl will be when they add the changes (most likely the closer). Still some time, but it's running out fast. There is so much they could have done with this show, but failed to capitalize so far. We don't know what they have planned for the rest of the season, but there seems to be a lot of little things that could have made this show a very serious contender.

Edited by TigerBaritone19
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I said kind of the same thing earlier. That semi-circle drill set right before the beast horns/ears in the opener has never been clean, but yet they insist on keeping it. Hoping that the next few days will be cleaning and then the rehearsal days in the Liberty Bowl will be when they add the changes (most likely the closer). Still some time, but it's running out fast. There is so much they could have done with this show, but failed to capitalize so far. We don't know what they have planned for the rest of the season, but there seems to be a lot of little things that could have made this show a very serious contender.

The horns need to be turned upside down. Right now they look like teddy bear ears...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

The horns need to be turned upside down. Right now they look like teddy bear ears...

Agree, but it probably won't happen. They hardly ever change the drill in the opener (even though they could stand do fix a few sets this year).

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

latest?cb=20140429000617

Maybe it’s time to put those props to use 

It was Harry in the chamber with the basilisk fang.

Edited by Buckeye

7 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Their next one isn't for 2 days, correct? Could get in some good cleaning and changes in that time.

A show tonight (without any of their direct competition) and then off practicing in Memphis for 2 days before they come back together in Murphreesboro TN and then Atlanta. This two show will largely determine their trajectory. Was good to see they are holding firm in both brass and percussion is close to 2nd.

• Like 1

From Crown on Twitter:

Whoa!  This is heavy.  (+1 to Marty McFly)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

A show tonight (without any of their direct competition) and then off practicing in Memphis for 2 days before they come back together in Murphreesboro TN and then Atlanta. This two show will largely determine their trajectory. Was good to see they are holding firm in both brass and percussion is close to 2nd.

I couldn't remember if there was a show tonight or not. Regardless, 2 days of closed rehearsals will get some good cleaning and changes done. 

• Like 1