Carolina Crown 2018

Crown has had rehearsal in Memphis today, and will be in the same place tomorrow.

Typically, the Memphis rehearsals are when Crown puts their new ending on the field, which is almost always introduced that weekend if not very soon afterward.

The ending in its current form really feels like a placeholder for something more significant (as was 2015's at this point in time). If they play their cards right, they could give BD and Bloo a run for their money. Looking forward!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Crown has had rehearsal in Memphis today, and will be in the same place tomorrow.

Typically, the Memphis rehearsals are when Crown puts their new ending on the field, which is almost always introduced that weekend if not very soon afterward.

The ending in its current form really feels like a placeholder for something more significant (as was 2015's at this point in time). If they play their cards right, they could give BD and Bloo a run for their money. Looking forward!

Spot on!

Some changes are on the way. I have NO idea what though.

35 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

Some changes are on the way. I have NO idea what though.

Tease. 

20 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I’ve given this considerable thought, regarding this year’s closer. To that end, it reminds me a bit of ‘17, in that they both seem to employ what could described as “false endings.” 

I like the “2nd” ending a lot [Beast], but as others have noted elsewhere, it feels a bit cut/paste or tacked on to some degree.

Please don’t construe this as criticism, as I count myself among the most ardent of Crown honks. I hasten to add that my knowledge and expertise of drill design reached its zenith with a 4th rate high school band, circa 1979. But I digress...

So for knowledgeable designer types—Crown or otherwise—any thoughts as to what could be implemented to tie it all together?

Among others seasons, they sure seem to have gotten get it right in ‘12, ‘13, and ‘15.

I actually think Epiphanies is a great closer and is one of my favorite parts of the show. Musically it is just awesome. Visually sure it could take a change. But it does fit perfectly with the concept of it being the Alpha beast section. During the transition, you hear the impending beast coming with some of the corps getting scared and running away. Ultimately the Alpha arrives with the beginning of Epiphanies, which if you haven't heard live yet, you can't truly appreciate that sound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, quijeros said:

I hope they'll be in for Atlanta!

Sure hope that comes to pass, as they’ll already have a run under their belt for the following night in Winston-Salem:73_japanese_ogre:

• Like 1