Carolina Crown 2018

8 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

If they pass Bluecoats in Indy, it will be due to performance and not design. I'm one of the biggest Crownies there is, but there comes a point where you have to admit a weakness in your favorite corps, and for Crown, this year it's design and visual. Visual is catching up, but it's not due to design. It's due to cleaning.

You are absolutely right. Hopefully the design and visual staff will learn from this and step up their show design and visual next year and seriously look at if any staff changes are needed, IMO.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

If they pass Bluecoats in Indy, it will be due to performance and not design. I'm one of the biggest Crownies there is, but there comes a point where you have to admit a weakness in your favorite corps, and for Crown, this year it's design and visual. Visual is catching up, but it's not due to design. It's due to cleaning.

We’ve been on the same page all season, so it’ll come as no surprise that I’m in total agreement with your observation.

I believe it’s been a heavy lift for the MM’s to deliver the best possible iteration of what the design staff drew up, and to that end the kids have done a helluva job:73_japanese_ogre:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

None of which answers the “miss” question. Of course the answer is obvious—no one would consider a 3rd place medal a “miss”. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karuna said:

None of which answers the “miss” question. Of course the answer is obvious—no one would consider a 3rd place medal a “miss”. 

I'm sorry, you must have misunderstood. What I said "That if they pass up Bluecoats in Indy it will be because of performance and not design", I meant that the design is a miss, but the performances are keeping it in the top 4 and gunning for a bronze medal. The design is a miss this year. I love my Crown, but nobody can deny that there are issues with this show. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm sorry, you must have misunderstood. What I said "That if they pass up Bluecoats in Indy it will be because of performance and not design", I meant that the design is a miss, but the performances are keeping it in the top 4 and gunning for a bronze medal. The design is a miss this year. I love my Crown, but nobody can deny that there are issues with this show. 

Lol 3rd place a miss. Man there are a lot corps that would kill to get a miss like that :crazy:

3 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

You are absolutely right. Hopefully the design and visual staff will learn from this and step up their show design and visual next year and seriously look at if any staff changes are needed, IMO.

I'm honestly hoping they go a different direction in drill design. While I've loved Sacktigs work over the years, this drill design has just seemed out of date all season. Maybe that's just my opinion though. As for the guard, I'm not touching that because I honestly don't see what's wrong this year. Last year they were rough and there were SO many drops at almost every show. This year, they've cleaned up and have started to look like the old CrownGuard in my opinion, so I don't know what's up with those scores. Lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, karuna said:

Lol 3rd place a miss. Man there are a lot corps that would kill to get a miss like that :crazy:

And as I said, 3rd place will be thanks to the Marchers performance, and not the design. I don't know why you aren't understanding this.

Starting to think you're being hard headed for the sake of.

Edited by Incognito365
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Incognito365 said:

And as I said, 3rd place will be thanks to the Marchers performance, and not the design. I don't know why you aren't understanding this.

Because It Is absurd.  You cannot  medal and have a miss. It’s an oxymoron. 

1 minute ago, karuna said:

Because It Is absurd.  You cannot  medal and have a miss. It’s an oxymoron. 

Okay. If you say so. Your opinion differs from mine. So how about we just move on since this is going absolutely nowhere?

Also, the It Is jokes are tired out. Lol.

Edited by Incognito365

12 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Okay. If you say so. Your opinion differs from mine. So how about we just move on since this is going absolutely nowhere?

Also, the It Is jokes are tired out. Lol.

Just don’t try to talk sense. It’s pointless.

• Haha 1