Carolina Crown 2018

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

My high school band was more serious. My hometown was built around the arts, though interest has slid a little, but we took marching band seriously to the point we had auditions at the end of 6th grade and if you weren't good enough you got cut and were told to come back next year. We competed in the state circuit and went to Nationals until we got a new director. Then it all started to go down hill. I'll never forget seeing Crown for the first time in 2007. We did a Kentucky Derby show, more specifically Barbarros story, in 2006 and then Crown came out with Triple Crown. It was too perfect. Then they started playing and I fell in love. Never looked back! Before I was a Cadets fan.

We were a pretty serious school back then as well. I stopped following DCI around 2007, I just lost interest for awhile. A friend of mine said I just HAD to see Crown's show in 2012 and so I went with him to the show. That show completely renewed my interest in DCI. I've been a huge Crown honk ever since, but since then I've also learned to just sit back and enjoy the ride with all the corps and I try my best not get negative with any corps (though not always successful), I've found my experience much more enjoyable that way .

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, karuna said:

Pop song =/= Beatles.   I’ll be surprised to see If I Fell on the DVD this year.  Last I heard sync rights for a Beatles tune are still in the neighborhood for 250k. 

Did the rights go back to Paul McCartney and John Lennon's family, or did they go with the Michael Jackson estate?

37 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Did the rights go back to Paul McCartney and John Lennon's family, or did they go with the Michael Jackson estate?

Keen eye & well played.

40 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Keen eye & well played.

I mean that in all seriousness. Lol. Michael Jackson bought their rights out when they went up. This was back in the 80s I believe. Bought them right out from under Paul McCartney.

Bottom of the 9th. Two outs. Runner aboard. No extra innings in this game.

Crown, gotta hit this run out the park, er, uh, stadium...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, karuna said:

Wow what a tremendous run Crown. FanFreakingTastic!!!!

Very positive reviews on the Finals thread.

Sounds like CC delivered big at crunch time:91_thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

I feel like Crown just peaked at the right time! Will they win? No. Will they medal? Unlikely. But #### if that wasn't a #### strong 4th place performance!

• Like 1

Great finals run Crown! I really enjoyed the show and the ballad is hands down the highlight of the whole season for me so thank you for that wonderful moment! See you next year Crown!!

• Like 3

It’s one thing to feel like you left everything you had out on the field, but to do so in a run that might very well have been the best of the season?

Great job Crown!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1