Carolina Crown 2018

46 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Nope, the new ending was perfect. Loved the commentary it brought to the field. 

Personal preference. I prefer justice over mercy always. Haha. 

• Like 1

Idk that mercy ending was kinda underwhelming to me, think of how more emotional payoff would happen if he shot him dead!

• Like 2

I just think the justice ending worked better with the Old West theme. If this was a modern story, I think the mercy ending would have been a lot better. There was no mercy back in the days of cowboys! :fight:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

I just think the justice ending worked better with the Old West theme. If this was a modern story, I think the mercy ending would have been a lot better. There was no mercy back in the days of cowboys! :fight:

Exactly, fits so much better with the theme and even what his father's wishes were.

18 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

It's not a "justice" or "mercy" option, though...it's a "revenge" or "mercy/justice" option.

The son shooting him would not have been "justice." It would have been straight revenge, nothing more, nothing less.

Not shooting the man himself and throwing the guy to the mercy of the law shows far more justice, imo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

It's not a "justice" or "mercy" option, though...it's a "revenge" or "mercy/justice" option.

The son shooting him would not have been "justice." It would have been straight revenge, nothing more, nothing less.

Not shooting the man himself and throwing the guy to the mercy of the law shows far more justice, imo.

You have to admit, for a story like the one portrayed in Relentless, I think the emotional payoff would be far greater if he had killed him and avenged his father.

2 minutes ago, cube said:

You have to admit, for a story like the one portrayed in Relentless, I think the emotional payoff would be far greater if he had killed him and avenged his father.

Perhaps. But sometimes you do need to think about your audience. It's a question of how do you want to leave them: Amped up over feeding the villian to the lions, or heightening the drama and ending on a a merciful high and riding off into the sunset. 

• Like 2

On 8/13/2017 at 10:56 PM, Cappybara said:

Think back to 2013 when Crown formed a big line and performed that long run up and down the line. It was impressive, yes. But, how did that make any sense with what was being played before and after? It was done to flex some technical muscle -- an overt self-pat on the back -- but it made no sense.

I always thought this was just a part of the equivalence movement for e=mc^2, so you had the front ensemble play that insane run, and then the brass play the same right afterwards, and then both play it equivalently

• Like 4

On 8/15/2017 at 10:57 AM, Clutchtow said:

I always thought this was just a part of the equivalence movement for e=mc^2, so you had the front ensemble play that insane run, and then the brass play the same right afterwards, and then both play it equivalently

Whatever it was, I appreciated it and it definitely fit thematically as well as flexing some chops.

On 8/12/2017 at 11:10 PM, cube said:

Hopefully no singing?

Something like 2007 and 2008 would be great!!