2018 Prediction Thread

15 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Good for BK, too. I wasn't doing a thorough search for founding years. Just noticed the guys' corps. So now three. And I think 60 (BK), 70 (Cavies), and 80 (Scouts). That's a lot of years of drum corps.

That's truly awesome those three corps are also my favorites of all time as well:)

• Like 1

1. Santa Clara Vanguard

2. Blue Devils

3. Carolina Crown

4. Cavaliers

5. Boston Crusaders

6. Bluecoats

7. Blue Knights

8. Cadets

9. Blue Stars

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Mandarins

12. Crossmen

1 hour ago, snare_guy_83 said:

They didn't seem to get docked in the score sheet for it, so why not have a singer. 

They still had a 19.8 in Music Analysis. They were 2nd and 3rd in Music GE.

Seems that if singing (and any mic issues thereof) doesn't affect scores, then it would be logical to assume there isn't much risk.

It's not about scores as it is the fact that literally everyone cringed when the mic started cutting out, and it drew everyone out of the performance emotionally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cube said:

1. Santa Clara Vanguard

2. Blue Devils

3. Carolina Crown

4. Cavaliers

5. Boston Crusaders

6. Bluecoats

7. Blue Knights

8. Cadets

9. Blue Stars

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Mandarins

12. Crossmen

I actually like this for a few reasons. SCV win means west coast stays on top for another year.............BD will keep their top two finishes since 2007 intact...........and this means BD comes back in 2019 and gets their 9th unbeaten season and 19th gold overall. Even when BD loses they still win. West coast all the way and DO IT UP DEVILS!

As much as I want crown to win their 2nd title, I'm also really pulling for SCV. I honestly think they had the best show on the field last night. Congrats to BD on #18 though with a phenomenal performance, not trying to take anything away from them! I really enjoyed Boston this year and hope they give us another great show next year and I also REALLY enjoyed BK and hope they can make a move up in placement next year as well.

For now I'm going with (subject to change) 

1. SCV

2. Crown

3. BD 

4. Boston

5. Bluecoats

6. Cavies

7. BK

8. Cadets

9. Blue Stars

10. Phantom

11. Crossmen

12. Academy makes a comeback with another magical show!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Good for BK, too. I wasn't doing a thorough search for founding years. Just noticed the guys' corps. So now three. And I think 60 (BK), 70 (Cavies), and 80 (Scouts). That's a lot of years of drum corps.

@Cadevilina Crown pointed out in the Madison thread that next year is also the Troopers' 60th. And the Troopers have a graphic for this in their web sit. That now is four pretty historically prominent corps get anniversary wishes in 2018.

• Like 2

Wow- way cool

I predict Boston will have a great recruiting effort and have a nice step up in brass and percussion talent.  That shoul enable a  bump up in show design,  adding drill and music difficulty. And this staff is starting next years program now, a month sooner than last year.  They should make a strong move upward. The guard should also improve.  Things are looking good for them.

• Like 5