Blue Devils 2018

8 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

To me winning the crowd is more important than any hardware! There is no better feeling  than thousands going crazy for your performance.

If want to compare BD and CC in that regard...team Concord is way behind in the last 10 or more years 

:)

While i disagree, i can respect that and i appreciate your insight. For me.......give me the ultimate hardware. All i know is the Eagles won the super bowl. Tom Brady throwing for a super bowl record 505 yards in the game was completely lost on me until someone mentioned it weeks later. Lebron went for 50+ points in game 1 of the NBA finals last week, but what i remember first is that the Warriors won the game. But trust me i know where you are coming from and again i respect it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, crownisking said:

IMO, fans who still don’t like BD shows are just tired of seeing them win so often. It’s not really a show design issue anymore. 

For me personally this  couldn't be further from the truth.  I'm looking for a kickbuttvshow that gets me excited about what they're doing I could care less if they've won one time or 60 times  and I bet I'm not alone in that thought.  Take last years ballad by BD long melodic phrases of music and what happen ? A huge reaction from the crowd.  do you  honestly think people who didn't want BD to win sat  on her hands during that moment?   Maybe the marching band crowd does but anyone who have been around drum corps would never sit at that moment . 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

If i could like your post ten times i would. Of course not everyone is in that category, but a majority are. BD could come out and do a show going 230 BPM with break neck drill the entire show, then end on a massive company front with horn line pumping out a volume that moves the stadium 10 feet off it's foundation, some still won't like it if they are in contention to win. 

I think this is true on discussion boards, but come show time, the whole stadium goes mad for a great show and a great performance.  

Even those that are tired of the same corps winning all the time (and I am one of them) are up and shouting after the show (or ballad).

They may feel dirty afterwards, but, you know, that's just the way it goes.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

To me winning the crowd is more important than any hardware! There is no better feeling  than thousands going crazy for your performance.

If want to compare BD and CC in that regard...team Concord is way behind in the last 10 or more years 

:)

Yeah, I am as competitive as the next guy, but it's the emotional reaction to a show that I get the most from in this activity.  And while I have never had thousands go crazy for my performance, I do love watching thousands go crazy for my corps's performance.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

While i disagree, i can respect that and i appreciate your insight. For me.......give me the ultimate hardware. All i know is the Eagles won the super bowl. Tom Brady throwing for a super bowl record 505 yards in the game was completely lost on me until someone mentioned it weeks later. Lebron went for 50+ points in game 1 of the NBA finals last week, but what i remember first is that the Warriors won the game. But trust me i know where you are coming from and again i respect it. 

Liking this for the Eagles shout out.  Can't get enough of those.

"Fly, Eagles, Fly"

What can I say, it's our first one, and like I said before, I'm as competitive as the next guy.  :)   

6 minutes ago, runyancm said:

Liking this for the Eagles shout out.  Can't get enough of those.

"Fly, Eagles, Fly"

What can I say, it's our first one, and like I said before, I'm as competitive as the next guy.  :)   

Well i am a Niners fan lol. But i had to keep it real lol. Congrats to ur Eagles. 

On 6/8/2018 at 5:22 PM, Triple Forte said:

For me personally this  couldn't be further from the truth.  I'm looking for a kickbuttvshow that gets me excited about what they're doing I could care less if they've won one time or 60 times  and I bet I'm not alone in that thought.  Take last years ballad by BD long melodic phrases of music and what happen ? A huge reaction from the crowd.  do you  honestly think people who didn't want BD to win sat  on her hands during that moment?   Maybe the marching band crowd does but anyone who have been around drum corps would never sit at that moment . 

I've witnessed people state as much at shows, so yes, it does happen. I find that a terrible way to enjoy the activity, but to each their own.

Personally, I find the whole BD isn't fan friendly criticism tired. Some people will never like a BD show simply because it's BD, and others just don't like their flavor of show design or a particular show. That's fine. I've been to enough shows with the corps throughout the seasons to see that there are plenty of fans who do enjoy their shows year in and year out. That's the beauty of the activity nowadays, there's enough variety for everyone. What you consider a "kick butt show", I may simply find it rather ho-hum. Parts of a show you may stand up and scream after, I may simply remain seated clapping in awe. Different things elicit different reactions in different people.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Totally agree with the recent post about BD's recent shows... from 2014 on... being more engaging/entertaining.

I've been a Devils fan since 1973...and honestly, some of their shows, late 2000s through 2013... lost me. 

But since '14... wow!!!

• Like 3