Blue Devils 2018

Oh my. Watched a dress rehearsal video just now. 

1. Best uniforms this season by far. Not even close. Perfect blend of classics with new style costumes, and the changes throughout the show are seamless

2. Visual package seems uninspiring to me, but I don't necessarily like BD for their visual performance 

3. BD has carved out a style of jazz that is unique to them, and it is my favorite style in DCI right now. Bluecoats do jazz really well too, but the hornline blend that BD has just fits the jazz style so much better in my opinion. This is gonna be one of my favorite music books all season. Oh and those trumpet soloists are on another level already omg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

1. Best uniforms this season by far. Not even close. Perfect blend of classics with new style costumes, and the changes throughout the show are seamless

2. Visual package seems uninspiring to me, but I don't necessarily like BD for their visual performance 

3. BD has carved out a style of jazz that is unique to them, and it is my favorite style in DCI right now. Bluecoats do jazz really well too, but the hornline blend that BD has just fits the jazz style so much better in my opinion. This is gonna be one of my favorite music books all season. Oh and those trumpet soloists are on another level already omg

where have you been ?   I agree with you about the uniforms they looking really good, if not the best.  you know it's funny when i saw the color scheme used for the uniforms, black and white with accent of colors, i was actually picturing them in black and white when i saw a rehearsal video of them, i actually said to myself based on the show and the what i was watching on the field i get a black and white feel of the uniform would look great! matching the theme, and there when i saw an actual performance in uni there was the black and white. the stripes and color block looked so good. we just haven't gotten a really clear good picture of the uni and that was my disappointment they didn't share any.

Edited by theonlyfizzle

3 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

where have you been ? 

Just finished up my first year of dental school yesterday. I've had literally no time to keep up with drum corps. Still got a good amount of studying to do this summer but hopefully I'll be able to be around DCP a bit more 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Just finished up my first year of dental school yesterday. I've had literally no time to keep up with drum corps. Still got a good amount of studying to do this summer but hopefully I'll be able to be around DCP a bit more 

That's wonderful and congrats on completing your first year. keep at it, and hopefully you'll be able to be here a little bit more through this summer.

• Like 1

Cappy B! Good luck and power naps really help. Hoping you get  to enjoy some Drum corps.:guinesssmilie:

Nice start, Devs!!

Edited by CorpwithanS
added some Blue
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

YouTube is the next best option but I tell you this show just needs to be scene in person. It’s just phenomenal. 

• Like 1

[wrong thread somehow]

Edited by KVG_DC

4 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

That's wonderful and congrats on completing your first year. keep at it, and hopefully you'll be able to be here a little bit more through this summer.

once he stops hearing drills.... :-p

pun intended.

Edited by xandandl
  • Haha 1