Blue Devils 2018

I absolutely love that BD’s struggling a bit with their show. It’s a very hard show!! They’re shooting for the stars with this one. But BD is never better than when they have to put up a fight. 

• Like 3

Really not a fan of the change in the trumpet solo in the closer. It sounds like the whole corps is just playing an accompaniment now since the trumpet solo used to play the melody, but now it isn't. Kind of scratching my head at that

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

The rubber match tonight with SCV is gonna be off the hook! 

No holds barred tag team grudge f...nvm

BD have work to do through out this season if they want to keep the championship, But Scv is really bringing it and i'ts really good, i hope they don't lose steam. Both shows are well designed.

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

BD have work to do through out this season if they want to keep the championship, But Scv is really bringing it and i'ts really good, i hope they don't lose steam. Both shows are well designed.

Well, BD won percussion last night, along with color guard. Brass second, but right there. Getting beaten in GE fairly soundly at the moment, which I disagree with slightly, but they're still tinkering with the program. SCV seems more complete, at least until their closer. It's an impressive and in your face show with many big and trendy unison movement features. The tuba/percussion ditty that's reminiscent of the Grambling/Southern genre sousaphone grooves is kind of cool, and the kids in the audience just lit up. Lots of appeal in that respect. It's going to be a battle all season. Truly an apples and oranges thing.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Well, BD won percussion last night, along with color guard. Brass second, but right there. Getting beaten in GE fairly soundly at the moment, which I disagree with slightly, but they're still tinkering with the program. SCV seems more complete, at least until their closer. It's an impressive and in your face show with many big and trendy unison movement features. The tuba/percussion ditty that's reminiscent of the Grambling/Southern genre sousaphone grooves is kind of cool, and the kids in the audience just lit up. Lots of appeal in that respect. It's going to be a battle all season. Truly an apples and oranges thing.

I totally agree with you! so true...

Excuse my ignorance if this is common knowledge, but what is the general public practice attendance policy? Blue Devils are in Eden Prairie, MN later this week for a couple of days of practice and the DCI Minnesota show on Saturday night. I would love to go up the high school with my two girls who are both in the Eden Prairie HS band program to let them watch the corps practice so they can see what it takes to be the best in the world at what you do.

9 minutes ago, HopHead said:

Excuse my ignorance if this is common knowledge, but what is the general public practice attendance policy? Blue Devils are in Eden Prairie, MN later this week for a couple of days of practice and the DCI Minnesota show on Saturday night. I would love to go up the high school with my two girls who are both in the Eden Prairie HS band program to let them watch the corps practice so they can see what it takes to be the best in the world at what you do.

Almost always, the rehearsals are open to the public.  Stop by the food truck, and ask which group is where.  Bring extra water for your kids!