Blue Devils 2018

The ballad this year is probably the most uplifting moment in drum corps this season. Just gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling listening to it 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, StarVoyager said:

Lol I think you'll find many on here that agree with you actually.  Personally, I felt Phantom had squeaked it out as it happened but BD was just as worthy.

Don't know if BD will win it all again this year, but it most certainly looks promising for them to contend again. :smile:

In general I think  judges do a very good job remaining objective despite "crowd reaction," but 2008 was an exception.  I think the crowd reaction absolutely gave PR that little extra boost they need to overtake BD.  

• Like 1

I am reaching out to the BD nation for help.  Some of you have learned the Loudoun County Public School (LCPS) District announced a couple days ago that schools can no longer host overnight drum corps stays.  We are doing everything under our power to convince them to reverse this last minute decision.

I have hosted the Blue Devils for the past several years at Woodgrove High School in Purcellville, VA before the Annapolis, MD competition.  This has always been a very successful event and the educational opportunities for our students is immeasurable.

We have reached out to the press, the school board and the County Board of Supervisors to help us in our cause.  There are petitions on Facebook and change.org that need your signatures.  Please spread the word.  We really need help on this one.  The thought of letting down a corps this close to their arrival is not acceptable to me.  I am doing everything I can to make sure the Blue Devils have a place to stay and rehearse before the Annapolis show.

https://www.change.org/p/eric-williams-bring-drum-corps-back-to-lcps

Thank you all for your support.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

The ballad this year is probably the most uplifting moment in drum corps this season. Just gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling listening to it 

I agree, The Blue Devils do know how to put the most amazing ballad on the field! 

22 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Me too. 

Can we also just all take a second to appreciate that this show does NOT have narration? Because this is the kind of character-driven show any other corps would’ve strapped with a narrator in a heartbeat. 

I’m gonna bang this drum all season. 

That is what he said...that is what saxfreq1128...said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, StarVoyager said:

Lol I think you'll find many on here that agree with you actually.  Personally, I felt Phantom had squeaked it out as it happened but BD was just as worthy.

Don't know if BD will win it all again this year, but it most certainly looks promising for them to contend again. :smile:

I had no problem with PR winning in 08. Suprised......yea i was. But no issues with it. Spartacus was a beast of a show. And hindsight 20/20, if BD wins in 08, do we get the beat down they laid on DCI in 2009/2010? Love or hate those shows if you want, but BD was on a mission and they left no doubt. In someways it was almost like they left the field at 08 finals and said "OK........Game on."

Agree BD is in contention this year. But it won't be easy this year. SCV is laying it down, Bloo is a beast this year, Crown will always be there in the end, and i am just about ready to welcome BAC to the party. Fans win again!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Box5Opinion said:

I agree, The Blue Devils do know how to put the most amazing ballad on the field! 

Since 2014, they have owned ballads.

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Agree BD is in contention this year. But it won't be easy this year. SCV is laying it down, Bloo is a beast this year, Crown will always be there in the end, and i am just about ready to welcome BAC to the party. Fans win again!!!

I think we will have no idea how this ends up until the very last day. This show reminds me of Ink in that it looks like it will take every minute of the season to assemble to a form of completion. They're attempting to present a complex idea of four characters with distinctly identifiable identities and personalities (all expressed through movement and music - no nanny narration to help) who happen to have their paths cross in the diner. That's quite a challenge.

On a random note, who else noticed that the idea of staging a drum feature on a pyramid-type prop has become quite popular this year? Last year BD started it on the stairs/diamonds and now BOTH SCV and Bloo have their own versions of it on their props. :winky:

• Like 2