Blue Devils 2018

Last time BD competed was on July 2nd with a score of 78.7. It will have been almost a full week since they competed when they step off tomorrow. Barring east coast inflation at CrownBeat, my guess is that their score is likely to be the highest of this season so far 

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Last time BD competed was on July 2nd with a score of 78.7. It will have been almost a full week since they competed when they step off tomorrow. Barring east coast inflation at CrownBeat, my guess is that their score is likely to be the highest of this season so far 

I am going to say 82.4 tomorrow night. 

I was at ensemble tonight - it was fun - the corps is performing the heck out of their show!

Is there a copypasta description of the show? I get the Guy Noir/City of Angels theme up until the drum feature where it's like this rapid Hindi mouth drumming -- not sure how that ties into the vintage/retro theme? Then the closer is a nice reprise of some of the big soaring musical themes from earlier - Laura and a bit of Natural Woman - really like the use of the french horns, trombone and the screamers.

But - I am not seeing the connection between the end of the ballad and the drum feature -

There are also some additions to the fight scene that I have a problem with.

• Like 1

Thank you for the rehearsal review! Much appreciated! Any other additions other than the fight scene you mentioned?

13 hours ago, btown50 said:

The guard book is pretty wild. Someone on one of the show threads reduced it down to “hair flips.” Clearly they aren’t watching very closely. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

The guard book is pretty wild. Someone on one of the show threads reduced it down to “hair flips.” Clearly they aren’t watching very closely. 

Seems to be plenty of that going around with those that don't like BD for whatever reason. Make no effort at all to open the mind to what's really going on out there. Simplify and dismiss the show as shallow, lacking demand and inferior. Blue Devils consistently put on well-constructed shows with highly competitive and usually unique demands on the performers, whether percussion, horns or color guard. The dance features in the show are mind blowing. Difficulty of the horn book is highly competitive, and they take chances in terms of range that some top groups eschew. The drum line has already knocked off SCV once, so they're clearly competitive there. Will they prevail at finals? No way of saying at the moment, but there is no question that the program will give them a shot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Person who said that is a troll. Read all of his post over the last year and you will see what i am talking about. 

• Like 1