Blue Devils 2018

The crazy section after the company front climaxes a little differently now, right? Could’ve sworn that section had a whole series of syncopated notes before they dash to the finish — sounds like the hornline isn’t doing that anymore? Just pit. 

Edited by saxfreq1128

So far rehearsal has been focusing almost entirely on the section between between the opener and the entrance of the soldier. 

Very little comments have been made about the brass by the staff, they have been focusing on visual transitions and consistency in the intensity of body movements and horn snaps. All of the changes to visual transitions are being made on the fly and implemented flawlessly, it’s amazing to see the efficiency. 

Now work is being done on the ballad!

Also, I don’t believe for a second that this is a 4th place hornline

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Watching this corps rehearse is amazing

I pull many an entire day at Mars. Watching the process is very interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

So far rehearsal has been focusing almost entirely on the section between between the opener and the entrance of the soldier. 

Very little comments have been made about the brass by the staff, they have been focusing on visual transitions and consistency in the intensity of body movements and horn snaps. All of the changes to visual transitions are being made on the fly and implemented flawlessly, it’s amazing to see the efficiency. 

Cappy are you going to Annapolis tomorrow night?

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I'm assuming they'll make significant changes to the closer, specifically after the company front.  Visually, everything from then on, besides building the circles, is a mess.  

21 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Hmmm I wonder if my wife will let me go. I forgot moving to MD would put me so close to a show

Edited by ContraFart
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Unfortunately not :( will be heading back to Richmond tomorrow for some school events 

Edited by Cappybara

Just got back home 30 minutes ago. Despite the sorta long drive to rehearsal, it was very worth it. The sections they worked on today got noticeably cleaner visually with each rep, and the changes they made to the music in the opener (watered down and got rid of some of the trumpet/mello parts that have been causing trouble all season) make the section sound much more refined. 

They ran the new closer quite a few times and I’m officially sold on it musically but not sure visually, the forms just seem really jumbled and the dirt probably has something to do with that. Absolutely love the incorporation of the music from 1930, it fits the “sound” of the show really well. 

I’ll never get tired of hearing that hornline, most exciting sound profile of any corps out there! 

Not sure if they’ll take home the gold this year but I love this show regardless

• Like 5