Blue Devils 2018

The Konnakal part with the quads is LIVE?! What! I did not realize a synth player was doing that live in sync with the quads, I just thought it was prerecorded audio being played and the quads were matching it. 

INSANE

Also that colorguard means business. I will never understand the people who think BD’s Zingali’s the past decade have been undeserved 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, gabe211 said:

In response to @WarriorWay's post this is BD's full repertoire:

• City Noir by John Adams
  • Metropolis 1927 by Peter Graham (very short samples)
  • Blade Hawks by Simon Dobson
  • Night Runner by Paul Lovatt-Cooper
  • Gotham City by Dave Glyde
  • Jacob's Bakery from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by James Newton Howard
  • Natural Woman by Carole King
  • Laura from Laura by David Raksin
  • Harlem Nocturne by Earle Hagen

Also just realized you’re missing Playing Love by Ennio Morricone

I believe this is the full repertoire:

• City Noir by John Adams
  • Metropolis 1927 by Peter Graham (very short samples)
  • Blade Hawks by Simon Dobson
  • Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson
  • Night Runner by Paul Lovatt-Cooper
  • Gotham City by Dave Glyde
  • Jacob's Bakery from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by James Newton Howard
  • Natural Woman by Carole King
  • Konnakol Duet by V Shivapriya and BR Somashekhar
  • Laura from Laura by David Raksin
  • Playing Love by Ennio Morricone
  • Harlem Nocturne by Earle Hagen

• Like 1

Tomorrow will be BD's first show since July 31st. 5 days off is pretty significant. After tomorrow's performance, BD will have about 3.5 days before Prelims. That's a lot of practice time, I hope it pays off! 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Tomorrow will be BD's first show since July 31st. 5 days off is pretty significant. After tomorrow's performance, BD will have about 3.5 days before Prelims. That's a lot of practice time, I hope it pays off! 

Agreed! It's around this time BD puts the finishing touches on the closer. Believed they unleashed Clara in Buffalo 2015?

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Agreed! It's around this time BD puts the finishing touches on the closer. Believed they unleashed Clara in Buffalo 2015?

No, at Prelims.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

No, at Prelims.

Yep was at Indy. They flew her in on Wednesday morning. Had about a day's worth of rehearsal before prelims. Wonder if everyone remembers the brown-out of the pit (thus all the audio cues) at that show, then the penalty assessed due to a rule created by two groups and their warmup spat. Fourth place at prelims didn't look good, but I knew they were going to win. Was a powerful show that maxed out on exactly the right day. Probably the most surprising and satisfying title in many years.

Edited by BDCorno
  • Like 2

On 8/3/2018 at 2:47 PM, NakedEye said:

Even when you think you have some sense of the difficulty they are attempting, then you see the detailed explanations and it seems exponentially harder and more impressive.

That blind cartwheel to catch a sabre thrown by someone else is the stuff of nightmares!  :spitting:

Lots of good guards out there, but sorry...BD has content and difficulty and exposure that nobody else does, and it's not really all that close. Vanguard really good too, but not there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Clara was the plan all along though. I wonder what is up this year.

1 minute ago, flammaster said:

Clara was the plan all along though. I wonder what is up this year.

Not sure if anything of the sort (featured performer) is on tap, though they are one member short (not planned) at the moment. They could, but I don't see it. Very anxious to see what the final ending will be.

2 hours ago, BDCorno said:

Not sure if anything of the sort (featured performer) is on tap, though they are one member short (not planned) at the moment. They could, but I don't see it. Very anxious to see what the final ending will be.

Not sure if it's anything, but i noticed in the closer when they have rotating circles with the characters in the middle, the circle on the far left doesn't have a character in it. Perhaps someone will be added to the closer?