Blue Devils 2018

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Not sure if it's anything, but i noticed in the closer when they have rotating circles with the characters in the middle, the circle on the far left doesn't have a character in it. Perhaps someone will be added to the closer?

Holographic Jerry Seawright

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BDCorno said:

Holographic Jerry Seawright

Reciting famous Jerry speeches...."People...."

1 hour ago, BDCorno said:

Reciting famous Jerry speeches...."People...."

I figure they will expose a huge cut out of Jerry Seawright behind the counter saying "The Concord Blue Devils" just as there is a break in the music at the end of the show. (Like last year).

On 7/29/2018 at 4:07 PM, Chief Guns said:

Today is my last day off for the next six weeks. Duty yesterday, and the Chiefs all over the Navy, we are prepping for Chief selection results to be released sometime this week. Next six weeks around the clock training as we initiate the next batch of Chiefs Selectees. I missed the San Antonio viewing cause i was with all the Chiefs putting the Initiation plan together. Will miss Allentown both nights as well. Tonight might be my last live viewing of any corps. 

Are you an E-9?

1 hour ago, 84BDsop said:

Are you an E-9?

Nah Chief. E7. 2019 will be my fourth look at Senior Chief. 

9 hours ago, BDCorno said:

Lots of good guards out there, but sorry...BD has content and difficulty and exposure that nobody else does, and it's not really all that close. Vanguard really good too, but not there.

Same was true last year. But BD didn’t have the prelims/semis runs to back it up, and that’s kind’ve all that matters at this point. Like last year, SCV’s got cleanliness and elegance on its side — and frankly their book is even better than last year’s, that closing flag work has been god-level clean for some time now, and is beautifully written. BD’s got more of the little errors to clean, IMO, but that’s the result of such a difficult, exposed show. Nowhere to hide!

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, Cappybara said:

Tomorrow will be BD's first show since July 31st. 5 days off is pretty significant. After tomorrow's performance, BD will have about 3.5 days before Prelims. That's a lot of practice time, I hope it pays off! 

Agreed since I am traveling to Indy for my first finals in 20+ years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Same was true last year. But BD didn’t have the prelims/semis runs to back it up, and that’s kind’ve all that matters at this point. Like last year, SCV’s got cleanliness and elegance on its side — and frankly their book is even better than last year’s, that closing flag work has been god-level clean for some time now, and is beautifully written. BD’s got more of the little errors to clean, IMO, but that’s the result of such a difficult, exposed show. Nowhere to hide!

Agreed. They have to step up and perform otherwise they won’t get the credit

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cmhs59 said:

I figure they will expose a huge cut out of Jerry Seawright behind the counter saying "The Concord Blue Devils" just as there is a break in the music at the end of the show. (Like last year).

"The Concord Blue Devils... at an all-night diner" :laughing:

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

"The Concord Blue Devils... at an all-night diner" :laughing:

...if this was the theme, the backdrop would have been 1/4 Pound Burger over on Willow Pass Road in Concord. Just sayin'.

• Haha 1