Blue Devils 2018

On 8/3/2018 at 6:49 PM, Quad Aces said:

But should the BD rookies really be considered rookies?  How many of these “rookies” come with experience from another top corps?  How many of these are true rookies to drum corps?

The term “rookie” these days doesn’t mean the same as it used to, so drawing conclusions from the number of rookies in a corps really doesn’t mean much IMHO.

Very true. Some might come from BDB and as BD is a tough corp to make your first time out, I'm sure there are some members that cut their DCI teeth in other groups w/ the hopes of moving to a perennial contender once they have experience. 

12 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Same was true last year. But BD didn’t have the prelims/semis runs to back it up, and that’s kind’ve all that matters at this point. Like last year, SCV’s got cleanliness and elegance on its side — and frankly their book is even better than last year’s, that closing flag work has been god-level clean for some time now, and is beautifully written. BD’s got more of the little errors to clean, IMO, but that’s the result of such a difficult, exposed show. Nowhere to hide!

Very true. And while BD has been cleaning, practicing, drilling, adjusting....SCV is not sitting on their laurels. I think they will come out of the gate w/ a bit more firepower. They were second last year and that equals just one thing that BD might not have given its young corp....HUNGER! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Very true. And while BD has been cleaning, practicing, drilling, adjusting....SCV is not sitting on their laurels. I think they will come out of the gate w/ a bit more firepower. They were second last year and that equals just one thing that BD might not have given its young corp....HUNGER! 

Agreed. SCV is hungry, have a great staff and a veteran corps. And they have the popular support right now. Will be tough to beat. Wonder what Gaines has cooked up for Indy. 

• Like 1

a fifth character...  hmmm.  It would have to be someone that would need no explanation.  or back story.  as if their story has been THE story all along.  Maybe the artist himself?  A person dressed as an artist to represent Edward Hopper?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BDCorno said:

...if this was the theme, the backdrop would have been 1/4 Pound Burger over on Willow Pass Road in Concord. Just sayin'.

Or Digger's Diner at Willow Pass and Farm Bureau...

We used to hit the Wendy's in Pacheco during lunch/dinner break. :biggrin: Drive to it quickly by leaving Mars and going past Buchanan Airport and the trailer park . 

Edited by jsd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jsd said:

Or Digger's Diner at Willow Pass and Farm Bureau...

We used to hit the Wendy's in Pacheco during lunch/dinner break. :biggrin: Drive to it quickly by leaving Mars and going past Buchanan Airport and the trailer park . 

Had many a cheap meal at the burger shop at Detroit and Monument. Only a block down from our apartment. Would buy breakfast and split it three ways. Had to save up for beer you know.

On 8/5/2018 at 4:48 PM, Chief Guns said:

Nah Chief. E7. 2019 will be my fourth look at Senior Chief. 

Ah...I was Air Force, so "Chief" to me means E-9...Chief Master Sgt. (which, btw, 1991 BD DM Cat Clark put on last year).

• Like 1

Hey guys, does anybody know if BDs rehearsal is open to the public tomorrow?  I am arriving in INDY at 5 and they are practicing relatively close to my hotel.

I'd love to go catch what they are doing in person.

This year I skipped out on DCI West because I knew I was headed to the finals.