Blue Devils 2018

Saw a run last night on YT i tell you the run had my jaw dropped, they are going in on finals with fire. the performance level was turned up, there's a nice little touch on the closer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Saw a run last night on YT i tell you the run had my jaw dropped, they are going in on finals with fire. the performance level was turned up, there's a nice little touch on the closer.

Just found said video. I feel like it doesn't fit in musically there. It's not like a gradual fading to allow a soloist to play over the ensemble or anything. Just very abrupt. Maybe I'll like it come actual finals, but this just doesn't work for me at the moment. That being said, the rest of the run was killer. Can't wait to see what they do the rest of this week!

• Like 1

Wow. That solo is a drastic change in mood from the closing music. Wonder what the thought process is behind that 

10 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Wow. That solo is a drastic change in mood from the closing music. Wonder what the thought process is behind that 

It matches the mysterious characters at the late night diner scene.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

If you look closely, you can see the Lady in Red (hard to tell with practice clothes) pauses within the entrance of the diner. Nearing the end of the unison part, she directs her attention to the two soloists on the "sidewalk" in front of the streetscape. As it ends, and the trumpet solo begins she acknowledges them for another second and then proceeds to her seat at the counter. 

I think it is a way to create more of a moment of the final assembling of the artwork and makes it seem that the characters in the painting are aware of the corps, while the corps turns to become aware of the painting and reflect on it. Pretty interesting and I think it will make more sense when we can see it clearly. 

Edited by NakedEye
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

If you look closely, you can see the Lady in Red (hard to tell with practice clothes) pauses within the entrance of the diner. When the new trumpet solo begins, she directs her attention to the two soloists on the "sidewalk" in front of the streetscape. As it ends, she acknowledges them for another second and then proceeds to her seat at the counter. 

I think it is a way to create more of a moment of the final assembling of the artwork and makes it seem that the characters in the painting are aware of the corps, while the corps turns to become aware of the painting and reflect on it. Pretty interesting and I think it will make more sense when we can see it clearly. 

Yeah I think the practice clothes are throwing me off right now 

another detail i notice just now... the diner lights up at the end just before the solo piece .. lol. didn't see that before

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

another detail i notice just now... the diner lights up at the end just before the solo piece .. lol. didn't see that before

On a BD360 video they released this morning, it showed the back of one of the window props for a second, and I ended up pausing it on that part to examine it because I spotted what looked like lights. Love it!

• Like 4