Blue Devils 2018

15 hours ago, BDCorno said:

ALWAYS open to the public. 

Almost always. Patrick Seidling posted today that due to construction activity at the Colts training facility, they cannot allow any visitors for today's and tomorrow's rehearsals. Only members and instructors are allowed on site. Note: This is not the Blue Devils' decision but the Colts management decision. 

25 minutes ago, Everyfan said:

Almost always. Patrick Seidling posted today that due to construction activity at the Colts training facility, they cannot allow any visitors for today's and tomorrow's rehearsals. Only members and instructors are allowed on site. Note: This is not the Blue Devils' decision but the Colts management decision. 

Well yes of course, never on their own accord. They’re fortunate to be in there, and though I’d have loved to sit in, I’m sure the Colts determined that being there on a workday was too dangerous. Hopefully we can get in there Saturday. 

• Like 1

Looking like Vanguard's year, but I'll happily take the Zingali and a SCV win this year! Brazale isn't out of the question yet, margins are pretty thin in that caption

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I see you guard. :thumbs-up:

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll be good with guard. I believe the next two judges, Turner and Chumley have scored them well earlier in the season. The one tonight was the wildcard and I was worried it might have been one of those "6th place content" people. Fortunately not!

They were fantastic tonight. I think their writing is absolutely above and beyond everyone else, and TJ did a great job explaining the show on camera!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll be good with guard. I believe the next two judges, Turner and Chumley have scored them well earlier in the season. The one tonight was the wildcard and I was worried it might have been one of those "6th place content" people. Fortunately not!

They were fantastic tonight. I think their writing is absolutely above and beyond everyone else, and TJ did a great job explaining the show on camera!

I love TJ. The way you can tell those kids are in great hands is when you listen to them explain their own responsibilities in the show. They have a very nuanced sense of what the choreography is demanding of them. That’s great instruction at work. 

My only remaining BDCG hangup is that the opening 5 seconds of work still aren’t quite in unison yet. They quickly recover! But it’s noticeable. I really really really don’t envy having to start a show cold with such complicated work at such a huge spread. Looking forward to seeing them nail it on saturday. 

Edited by saxfreq1128

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I love TJ. The way you can tell those kids are in great hands is when you listen to them explain their own responsibilities in the show. They have a very nuanced sense of what the choreography is demanding of them. That’s great instruction at work. 

My only remaining BDCG hangup is that the opening 5 seconds of work still aren’t quite in unison yet. They quickly recover! But it’s noticeable. I really really really don’t envy having to start a show cold with such complicated work at such a huge spread. Looking forward to seeing them nail it on saturday. 

The spread is absolutely ridiculous

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

My only remaining BDCG hangup is that the opening 5 seconds of work still aren’t quite in unison yet. They quickly get recover! But it’s noticeable. I really really really don’t envy having to start a show cold with such complicated work at such a huge spread. Looking forward to seeing them nail it on saturday. 

It's been looking pretty good this week, but tonight I couldn't tell, because the camera was on an ultra closeup of marimba keys instead. :blink:

I swear it is mostly FLO and not Blair directing these days. The theater show was like this last year too. For some reason they seem to do a worse job on BD than anyone else. They completely missed the "squiggle" drill and shot the painting FROM THE BACK at the end. What???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

It's been looking pretty good this week, but tonight I couldn't tell, because the camera was on an ultra closeup of marimba keys instead. :blink:

I swear it is mostly FLO and not Blair directing these days. The theater show was like this last year too. For some reason they seem to do a worse job on BD than anyone else. They completely missed the "squiggle" drill and shot the painting FROM THE BACK at the end. What???

They missed the squiggle drill?! I’m guessing they also missed the saber feature during that section. Tell me they at least caught the snare line, lol