Blue Devils 2018

16 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Congrats to the corps for keeping the unbelievable streak of first and second place finishes going! And congrats to the guard for yet another finals night win and taking 2 of the 3  nights this year. If only the semis sandbagging hadn't occurred, that final average might have ended up differently, but what incredible performances!

Dreams + Nighthawks will be one of my favorite BD shows because of all the creative risks it took, the enormous entertainment factor, and how it made us think differently about a painting we thought we already knew. Pure magic. :inlove:

The average of 3 nights is a good thing in that it prevents a rogue judge on finals night from deciding a caption, but said rogue judge can still affect a season's worth of dominance, it's just how it is. They were still without a doubt the best guard this season in my mind. 

Such a great season, it was awesome to see the Founder's Trophy stay in Cali

People better get ready for a season of dominance next year :bluedevil:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you BD for putting on one of the best story telling shows of all time. Atlanta really changed my mind about it for the better. Also... by last night the trumpet screaming didn't bother me at all. Which almost never happens, so good for you! Cannot wait to see what you pull off next season! Nothing but best wishes for such a class act!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The average of 3 nights is a good thing in that it prevents a rogue judge on finals night from deciding a caption, but said rogue judge can still affect a season's worth of dominance, it's just how it is. They were still without a doubt the best guard this season in my mind. 

Such a great season, it was awesome to see the Founder's Trophy stay in Cali

People better get ready for a season of dominance next year :bluedevil:

Next season will be an epic season for DCI. There will be at least five corps that will have a legit reason to say they have a shot to win Gold. Maybe even six. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forevergreen said:

I still stand by my statement the Blue Devils guard should have taken the caption. If anything, they were stronger in semis than finals night.

Well.. Yeah. 

You win guard 2/3 nights and still manage to lose the caption, then something really wonky occurred with the scoring on the 3rd night. 

That night was only the 2nd time all season that BD lost to BAC head to head in guard.