Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

Congratulations Bluecoats on a fantastic season!

• Like 4

Regardless of my feeling on how they should have scored tonight, I'm glad they had a great season with such an amazing show and are back where they belong competitively: On the medal stand.

• Like 3

Congratulations on the medal Bloo!  Loved the show and the season! Can't believe it's over so soon!

• Like 1

Just found out today that Patrick Williams, the composer of "American Concerto" from this year's Bluecoats repertoire, as well as "Threshold" from the 2000 program of the same name that brought Bloo back into Finals, died on July 25.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/obituaries/patrick-williams-79-composer-as-heard-on-tv-and-beyond-is-dead.html

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Congratulations Bloooooooo! I loved your show so much this year! I am proud to be your fan! 

But IAM their fan! We can’t both be their fans, can we?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ajlemm said:

But IAM their fan! We can’t both be their fans, can we?

I guess we can share! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

Congratulations bloo. Way to prove that 2017 was an anomaly. Suggestions for next year.

1. No singer

-As much as I liked the singer, do not include one next year. I would hate for you to ruin the greatness with another singer.

2. Include some music by Steve Reich

-I absolutely love the music you played that was made by him. 2013s ballad and movement two of 2015 really did it for me.

3. Challenge the guard and percussion more.

-Now I know this show wouldnt be right if it had the massive percussion features that everyone is used to in it but please challenge this group. Same for guard. They scored a 9.9 in achievement but only a 9.55 in substance. Give them more action.

4. Despite what I've just said, please don't put out shows that please on a technical standpoint but not from a crowd standpoint. I appreciate you guys keeping this consistent as every show you have put out since 2010 has had a great moment or two for me at the least.

5. It may be just be me but for 2019 and 2019 only, where one of your uniforms from the 80s. I Iiked some of them to be honest.

6. Continue to be the model of evolution in dci. People will love you for it as well as any haters who will dislike it but SCV doesn't win the title without bloo 2016 as a slight reference.

That is all. Once again well done bloo.

#SixWords

posted from the DrumScorps app