Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

2 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

If we rolled it back to 128 we could probably field five to ten more corps.  There aren’t enough anymore.  How many world class corps are there?  Twenty?  There used to be hundreds.

The loss of thousands of corps has been debated for decades.  No need to kick that subject around anymore.  How many OC corps have 150 mm?  I have no idea, but there's a class that survives with smaller corps sizes, but there doesn't seem to be a huge interest in growing to thousands of corps.  Sound Sport is slowly growing and provides a means for smaller groups to get started.  You seem ThirdValve to be throwing any comment up on the board and see if it sticks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The loss of thousands of corps has been debated for decades.  No need to kick that subject around anymore.  How many OC corps have 150 mm?  I have no idea, but there's a class that survives with smaller corps sizes, but there doesn't seem to be a huge interest in growing to thousands of corps.  Sound Sport is slowly growing and provides a means for smaller groups to get started.  You seem ThirdValve to be throwing any comment up on the board and see if it sticks.

I’m not going along with the crowd on singers, narration, electronics, sound enhancements, mixing boards, or microphones.  More members per corps are fine, the sounds of the Bb/F brass lines are high quality, and field percussion is better and more entertaining than ever.  

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It's just a bygone subculture.  Where I live (NY State) there really is nothing left... simply because there is no interest and fan base to hold it together.  The DCI and DCA seasons are fairly incompatible with the public school schedule... and even the field band circuit up here has a bizarre ignorance of DCI happenings.

Where I live in Dansville, NY (now you know where I live... dun, dun, dun) we happen to have one of only a few remaining competitive drumcorps left in the state (White Sabers).  And they are fairly young with a remarkably limited following even right here in town.

People just aren't that into it these days.  It lacks entertainment appeal to a broader culture and it really can't be (and shouldn't be) "fixed" to address the fall out.  It is actually better for the activity to just have fewer healthy groups and inspire interest from there for what it is.

Just my opinion on it... From the drumcorps rust belt of America.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

It's just a bygone subculture.  Where I live (NY State) there really is nothing left... simply because there is no interest and fan base to hold it together.  The DCI and DCA seasons are fairly incompatible with the public school schedule... and even the field band circuit up here has a bizarre ignorance of DCI happenings.

Where I live in Dansville, NY (now you know where I live... dun, dun, dun) we happen to have one of only a few remaining competitive drumcorps left in the state (White Sabers).  And they are fairly young with a remarkably limited following even right here in town.

People just aren't that into it these days.  It lacks entertainment appeal to a broader culture and it really can't be (and shouldn't be) "fixed" to address the fall out.  It is actually better for the activity to just have fewer healthy groups and inspire interest from there for what it is.

Just my opinion on it... From the drumcorps rust belt of America.

I have my name and where I live on here.  I figure there’s only about ten psychos on here.  

You’re in White Sabers country. Nice corps. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have my name and where I live on here.  I figure there’s only about ten psychos on here.  

and we all know who they are...:peek:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Here’s my problem with Bloo’s vocalist. She is way too young to sing so soulfully ... and she can be with Bloo for 3 more years? That’s unfair ... to everyone else! 

• Like 3