Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

2 hours ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Winning isn't everything, BD has failed to be the crowd favorite for many years. Last year it was SCV, Bloo in 16, Crown in 15, Bloo again in 14....even with BD having a record score that year. BD designs shows to the scorecard, not to be inovative, entertain, or wow the crowd. What BD does better than anyone is teach those kids how to look and carry themselves on the field, amazing, every year.

Hint hint, BD is never going to be the crowd favorite. They win too much. You see it in every sport. The Warriors, Patriots, Yankees, Blackhawks, etc etc are all hated for their success, regardless of how entertaining of a product they put out on the field/court. 

Yeah! East coast boas or not first corps to crack 80!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Hint hint, BD is never going to be the crowd favorite. They win too much. You see it in every sport. The Warriors, Patriots, Yankees, Blackhawks, etc etc are all hated for their success, regardless of how entertaining of a product they put out on the field/court. 

I don’t think people hate the Devils, they just like seeing corps get rewarded for being the crowd favorite. It’s human nature to want the underdog to win.

• Like 1

Getting to be in front of that, the last two nights especially, has been......wow.

I see arguments and tension have begun as always. I think more than ever the scores are the last thing on my mind. Just sit back, enjoy all the shows, and take it all in while you can because the summer is flying by and it’ll be over before you know it.  

Glad a lot of people seem to be enjoying the show!  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Getting to be in front of that, the last two nights especially, has been......wow.

I see arguments and tension have begun as always. I think more than ever the scores are the last thing on my mind. Just sit back, enjoy all the shows, and take it all in while you can because the summer is flying by and it’ll be over before you know it.  

There you go again, DrumManTx, doing what Jesus said to do:  "Blessed are the peacemakers. . . ." 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I don’t have to hate a corps or show  to love another one. Plus it’s not binary. You can like certain aspects of shows you don’t love, and vice versa.

11 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Wasn't it Jesus that also said "Man, these cats can play and that girl sure can sing!!!"  

Hmmm. . .are you sure he didn't say "I come in peace and I have goodwill toward men"?  I don't remember the cats quote. :)

5 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Hmmm. . .are you sure he didn't say "I come in peace and I have goodwill toward men"?  I don't remember the cats quote. :)

Now that I think about it, the cats quote was actually a good former friend...a jazz saxophonist who was blown away by Bloo.  He also said "all these cats need is a good tenor man."  I pointed out they had 5 of them...he said I mean tenor sax...thus the "former" friend.  

• Haha 3