Blue Knights 2018

Comments from watching the send-off show:

1.  Uniforms.  Same design for all sections.  Different colors between guard and the rest.  The guard were wearing...sweats?...over their lower bodies.  Didn't see them without.  The colors are striking.  Everyone has a yellow design on their back.  I'm sure that'll be used to good effect in the drill.

2.  Guard and drill.  Rough at this point.  Not unexpected.  It will get better.  Awesome color flags...as usual.

3.  Front ensemble and drumline.  I'm not the person to judge, but it sounded ###### good to me.

4.  Brass and music.  Dark.  Discordant.  Expressive.  They didn't play what Mark Arnold described as a mix of Welcome to the Machine and Time After Time.  That sounds intriguing.  I expect the show to end on a hopeful, uplifting note with that music.  At least, I hope it does.

5.  Mark described the show as based on the Egyptian god Ra, but not being about Egypt.  Rather it's about the day.  Starting with the sun setting, through the night and the sun rising.  It's about the human condition.

6.  Their first show is a week from today.  They will be spending the time in Utah putting the rest on the field.  (YES!!)

Glad to hear the send-off performance went well. I have been mesmerized by the past few seasons' productions. They have an aura around them unlike any other corps. Beautiful, brilliantly played music. Such class. I do believe the new look and colors will be just right!

This group has turned into one of the 3 or 4 I can’t wait to see each year. That brass and percussion are both underrated in my opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised if they finally break through one of these next few years and push into the top 5. I’m actually betting on it.

6 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

This group has turned into one of the 3 or 4 I can’t wait to see each year. That brass and percussion are both underrated in my opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised if they finally break through one of these next few years and push into the top 5. I’m actually betting on it.

Their percussion placed fairly high last year I do believe. If not, they were certainly talked about and admired all season. I think with the right show they could absolutely be too 5 material. Is this that show? Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. But I do agree, BK never ceases to amaze with doing things outside the box!